Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Main Movie Rip convert to MKV

Hi.

I'm trying to use DVDFab to take the content of a movie and end up with an MKV file with various options.

To the point: This is my process, so don't offer I can just rip from disc to file. I have other purposes for this process.

I have Skyfall Main Movie ripped to my hard drive. I then take that main movie rip and want to run it back through DVDFab to have it make an .mkv file with Audiocopy and to maintain the resolution on the video.

I've tried creating / modifying a profile to have audiocopy (to get DTS included) and in that process, I've even had DVDFab import the m2ts file ripped from disc in order to match options available for resolution, etc.

The profile "says" 1920x1080 but when I look at the Advanced Settings after choosing the profile, OR if I just run that profile and create a file with it... I end up with a video with a resolution of 1920x800, and I have not option in the Advanced setting option to specify 1920x1080

How do I take a ripped disc, and process it into an .mkv file with maintained resolution, and potentially save a profile that will keep 1920x1080 as an option to encode the video?

Please let me know any additional files or screen shots you'd like to see
    Attached Files

It may be a cropping issue, try turning off auto cropping by unchecking this box and see if it helps:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

That did it!

I didn't realize there was a cropping option... :-\ I think that might actually be a good thing though...

Now that I know that it's there, I might be able to play around with it. I'll try both versions of the output to see which I prefer.

Thank you very much, and especially thanks for the quick response!!!

Comment

You are very welcome!
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

As a general rule, you are better encoding the file without the cropped black bars but some media players will stretch the 1920 x 800 to 1920 x 1080. Thankfullly these are fewer and fewer.

If this is the case, you will need to encode the cropped bars.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X