No announcement yet.

9.0.2.8 breaks .m2ts rip (stalls rip)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 9.0.2.8 breaks .m2ts rip (stalls rip)

I just discovered that 9.0.2.8 consistently breaks ripping BD to .m2ts. What happens is that the ripping process stalls at the start of the actual movie (after the opening showing the producer/distributor, etc) This usually is at .7 to .9 percent complete. Progress stalls, CPU use drops, but there are no errors and nothing in the log. Nothing fixes this - not dropping GPU (CUDA), changing sound parameters, two pass versus one pass (in which case the stalling is at 51%) - nothing. This happened on two different disks. If you change from .m2ts to .mp4 or .wmv, the disk will rip successfully.

The fix is going back to version 9.0.2.6.

Incidentally, .m2ts has been my best, most reliable experience in serving movies to an XBox 360 from WMC or just wmpnetwork. I used to use wmv, but DVDFAB often drops sync between audio and video. I discovered this happens when you encounter a high motion video sequence - it doesn't degrade the video quality to match the audio timing and a time gap is introduced. This can be demonstrated the most easily if you try to rip "Prometheus." About 6-8 minutes in there is an optical effect (the flashback sequence) where it occurs. About 1 out of 5 rips to WMV will have a timing issue, in my experience.

I've tried .mp4 several times, but until recently a DVDFAB rip from BD to .mp4 did not produce smooth motion video (to the XBox anyway), and the XBox would repeatedly buffer. Now that the XBox supports 5.1 aac audio within an .mp4, I took a look and it now appears to be a viable alternative. Not sure whether the improvement came from DVDFAB or the XBox.

Thanks

Hi,
    Please download the latest build v9030 and have a try. If still reproduced please post your log file.
    Please set Software as decoder & encoder in Common Setting.

Thanks!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Confirmed that 9030 fixed this specific problem - thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X