Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D Ripping-copying (still very confused)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Ripping-copying (still very confused)

Ok, I have posted about copying and ripping 3D Blurays before and I was directed to the guide and youtube for reference on how to rip and copy Blurays.

Here is where I am disconnected (confused) with copying ripping 3D Blurays. (Please be Patient)

1. I want to rip my 3D Blurays to a file (still not sure which kind of file) that I can play back on my entertainment system streaming through my network. Possible Apple TV3, Windows Media Center, or maybe a direct feed to the Projector. Can this be done or do you have to have have the disc to be able to watch the 3D Bluray?

2. If you can "rip" the 3D Bluray, what format do I use for the above question? I have looked at all the guides here and on youtube and did not get any clarification, there are so many setting and none of the guides help in identifying what setting to use for ripping. (See next question)

3. Looking at the setting for 3D, it has Anaglyph (with so many different color combinations how would you know which to use) Split Screen Left/Right, Frame size of 50% or 100%, Top/Bottom, Interlaced, Two separate files, Its all very confusing and there is nothing to educate someone on what these setting mean. How do I know which setting to use to rip or burn my 3D Bluray (Prometheus) and know that it will play through my projector (Passive v/s Active systems) (HD 3D compatible)???

4. Im really not trying to be difficult, I am trying to do all the homework and get smart on this but its tech that I know NOTHING about and need someone to help me or direct me to a place where I can get smart on this.

5. Am I over thinking this???

Thank you so much...
    jhill1023

Hey, jhill1023,
    New to this 3D ripping stuff myself, so I know where your coming from. Let's start by saying that as far as streaming your 3D content on your network goes, I'm not the person to help. That being said, I have found that ripping 3D to mkv on a hard drive seems to work out best for me. This allows me to skip chapters (subtitles, however, is still baffling) and keeps the file size down to around 7 or 8 gb. Anaglyph is the old red/blue glasses type of viewing 3D. If your projector is 3D capable, then you won't need or want to use this setting. If it's not, then your gonna miss out on the true 3D experience that's available today in a home theater setup. As far as using WMC or Apple TV, that's another issue. Apple TV won't do 3D (excluding anaglyph), and WMC I'm pretty sure won't either. A dedicated 3D media player (I use the Micca) is your best bet and they're only around a hundred dollars.
    You'll be having many more question before this is all played out, I'm sure. Hope this gets you started.
    JJH

Comment

Working...
    X