Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Rip times vary

Hello
    I am having an issue with the times the ripper takes to rip a blueray.
    Firstly, I experienced this problem with Dvdfab8 as well.
    Most Bluerays rip in approx 25mins when things are normal.
    At times however it can take over an hour.
    The profile I use is m2ts passthru and I include all the english audio's.

I have ripped the same blueray and experienced this condition so its not movie length that is the problem.

I notice that when things are normal it is processing around 20MB/s and when it is slow it sits at 8MB/s .. obviously this is the reason for the time difference.

Does anyone have any ideas on this ???

(As Murphy would have it .. it is usually when you really need the fast rip time that it fails)

I also am having trouble with rip times slowing to 3.11 FPS while trying to rip Blueray movies. It shows rip time being 27 hours. Is there a fix in the works for this? Task manager shows nothing else running except for the system.

Intel dual core 2.17 GHZ Processor
    4GB Ram
    64 Bit Windows 7
    NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS Video Card
    DVDFAB 9.106 MP4 Profile
    Last edited by cbleman; 11-24-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Try defragging your hard drive this should give you better seek times.Make sure disk is clean of fingerprints and dirt also.Put a room temp. disk in the drive cold disks brought in a warm house will slow the drive down and may not read at all.

Fab will change speeds when encoding mostly black like ends of movies they will speed up fast motion and lighter parts of the movie it will slow also background programs running will slow it down security scans background downloads etc.

cbleman: If your talking about ripping a blu ray from disk to hard drive taking 27 hours yes something is wrong check your drives firmware for updates.
      Last edited by glenns; 11-24-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Yeah..... I'm ripping to my hard drive. I will check for hardware updates. Thanks.

Comment

I have found those BD movies formatted VC1 take a lot longer than those formatted h.264. GPU acceleration doesn't kick in on VC1. Might check that out.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks, I'll look into that also. I updated the firmware on my player, and it decreased the time to a blazing 17 hours. I read on this post, someone got a rip in 25 minutes. .... Must be me or my machine.

Comment

Intel Quick Sync trans-code only supports h264 and MPEG2 Blu-rays.

90312 I think that's why you are seeing longer VC-1 encode/decode times.

cbleman: make sure lightning shrink is checked in Fab settings this helps a lot.
              Two core machines are slow encoding/decoding make sure cuda is being used in Fabs settings this helps a lot for 2d stuff .

3d takes forever till Fab puts it in lightning shrink.My last 50-25 gig 3d conversion took 12 hours.Not even cuda can be used for full 3d..

90312 I hear you laughing from here must be nice to have a power machine like yours Santa's not that good to me....

Comment

Not quite 25 minutes, Monsters University full disc to 25GB took 27 minutes+. Not laughing, would a broad smile be bad?
                Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

90312: I wish you did 3d would love to see how fast you can do one of them to 25 gigs.Their will never be a better test than this with all them extra ssif files in a 3d movie i may have to upload one to my cloud account just for fun when I have time then have you convert one.
                  Last edited by glenns; 11-26-2013, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Just let me know, happy to give it a go!

Albert Einstein

Comment

90312: I tried to upload one but it will take 3 days at cable modems slow upload speed so unless there's already one on another user or non user (Hint) cloud account you can download then i suppose we can't do it.

Comment

Where is lightning shrink? Using Version 9.1.0.6.

The slow rips are also happening on regular DVDs. I updated all the drivers on my machine. The estimated rip time on the current disk is just over 10 hours. This is for a single pass @ high res. DVDFab 8 seems to start slow, and build to terrific speeds. DVDFab 9 starts reasonably, but the speed quickly drops. Current rip FPS is 4.19. It started over 10. I believe I have attached a Log excerpt. Let me know if it didn't take. I will try to upload again if needed.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Take a look at this box in common settings/conversion, if it's checked uncheck it and give it a try.
                          Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you. It wasn't checked, but at this point, I'll try anything.

All Codecs are set to software. Would Cuda speed things up?

Update - Speed down to 2.8fps, 14 hours estimated.

Comment

cudu may give two-six times software speed.It depends on how many cuda cores you have even my slow 2 core machine gets 3-4 times softwear speed.Really good graphics cards go way faster as they contain lots of cuda cores.lightning shrink works with cuda also so its even faster.Your logs show cuda is on.Make sure lightning shrink is also checked.
                              Last edited by glenns; 12-02-2013, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X