Media Player question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Player question

Just got a new media player (Micca EP600 G2) and curious about the files that BR-copy makes. Prior to burning a 50gb blank disk, I usually copy my BRs to a folder in an HDD under the BRs name, i.e., ZERO_DARK_THIRTY, and then burn the blank from that folder.

In that folder appears a folder called FullDisk, etc. The path is like: F:ZERO_DARK_THIRTY/FullDisk/ZERO_DARK_THIRTY/BDMV/ with folders below consisting of: AuxData, Backup, BDJO, ClipInt, JAR, META, PLAYLIST, STREAM (the .m2ts files), and a couple of small files, index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv.
    Of all that, mostly small files for whatever purpose, but STREAM contains a boatload of .m2ts files that add up to the size of the original disc.

Now (drumroll, please), does the Micca need to have all the files under F:ZERO_DARK_THIRTY fed to it, or is the folder STREAM enough? I don't know if the multiple .m2ts files need to be merged into a singe .m2ts file for playback.
    GLENNS, we discussed this a little earlier this month and I remember you saying the Micca is what you use...

Thanks for any info...
    Tim

Originally posted by trashmon View Post
    Just got a new media player (Micca EP600 G2) and curious about the files that BR-copy makes. Prior to burning a 50gb blank disk, I usually copy my BRs to a folder in an HDD under the BRs name, i.e., ZERO_DARK_THIRTY, and then burn the blank from that folder.

In that folder appears a folder called FullDisk, etc. The path is like: F:ZERO_DARK_THIRTY/FullDisk/ZERO_DARK_THIRTY/BDMV/ with folders below consisting of: AuxData, Backup, BDJO, ClipInt, JAR, META, PLAYLIST, STREAM (the .m2ts files), and a couple of small files, index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv.
    Of all that, mostly small files for whatever purpose, but STREAM contains a boatload of .m2ts files that add up to the size of the original disc.

Now (drumroll, please), does the Micca need to have all the files under F:ZERO_DARK_THIRTY fed to it, or is the folder STREAM enough? I don't know if the multiple .m2ts files need to be merged into a singe .m2ts file for playback.
    GLENNS, we discussed this a little earlier this month and I remember you saying the Micca is what you use...

Thanks for any info...
    Tim
    I would say you need one single file. Most players do.
    If you want to keep the quality just use one of the pass-through options available.
    The standard profiles do a pretty good job in keeping a quality/size ratio and is better for streaming between storage space and player over IP since the Bitrate is less.
    To Keep all audio and subs the option to remux them into the file needs to be activated.

Unless the Micca media player supports the BR structure and in that case probably not as a folder but an *.iso?

Comment

The mecca play's iso's or folders reduced or not and 3d as well.When playing a Fab made whole disk made from files you include all the files that fab makes with it so if you want to make a disk from the files or ISO at a latter time or play on your computer with software player you still can.

I never took a stream file and just tried to play that without the other files that comes with it you can try it but I wouldn't ever want to just include that even it it works as then you can't use the movie to reduce it in size at some later date.

I use to have all my 50 gig disks reduced to 25 gigs because they look just like the 50 gig disks then because the 3t drive I store all my movies on was getting full i reduced them to 8.5 gig to get way more movies on the drive.

I have 200 now with room for 100 more.And they look almost as good as the 25 gig disks as their still 1080I with HD sound.So even if you could store just the stream file theirs a lot of reasons not to.I always make the disk a 50 iso first then reduce its size in fab to 8.5 gig side by side 3d as most of my collection is 3d.

I have mine directly connected to the tv hdmi i don't get into the streaming or networking.I put each movie on a plug in outboard 3t hdd so each movie shows up on the Micca in alphabetical order.
      Last edited by glenns; 03-30-2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks to the both of you for the fast replies! I think what I'll do is use a 1TB USB drive and copy a STREAM folder to it for an experiment. If the Micca recognizes the folder and it's individual .m2ts files and then streams them to my projector, then I'm home free. If not, I guess I'll have to buy BluRay Ripper and use that to get a single .m2ts file. I was trying to avoid the added expense (if I'd realized the ripper was necessary for this project, I'd have bought them both as a package, rather than individually). Thanks again, I'll get back to you guys with results, but lots goin' on right now, planes, trains and automobiles.
        Tim

Comment

Ripper is not necessary to make an iso.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

A "Main Movie" ISO would be a good place to start testing.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X