DVDfab 9 gui never loads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVDfab 9 gui never loads

Now this is only for a single user on the computer.
    Launch DVDfab and nothing, not even the little square black text and box as is usually displays as it starts. It is in the TASK MANAGER.

If I log in as another user, administrator, it works fine.

Check that the TEMP directory is there, even cleared it and recreated it. No dice.
    THOUGHTS?

Download it again to the desktop, right click on it and "run as administrator".
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

No help, though I had already tried that. It has to be something else that is interfering. Went to the other user account to check things like ActiveX but all is the same. It is one of the strangest behaviors I have EVER seen for a Windows program.
      Its running, listed in the Process of the task manager, but it never appears on the Windows screen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstall, but same result. Guess I may have to create a new user for myself.

Comment

MORE INFO:
        I see in after switching uses to the new one, with DVDFab running, the Task Manager shows the program using 243M of memory. What it shows under my user, it loads to 45M and stops. So it is not loading all the way.
        I tried rebooting in Safe Mode to take a lot of the extraneous out of the way...No Help. Still stops loading at 45M. THIS IS TOO WEIRD!

Comment

Have you scanned for malware lately? Sure sounds a lot like a bug.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Nice try, but yes, I actually did that first off. Nothing. I know it is not hardware for I am in the process of moving my Win7 Install to another system, completely different (a whole other problem) and the behavior with my User is the same.
            I am wondering if it is something from an older version that has something written in the registry that effects the operation under just the specific user? A new user would not have this bad entry, like a drive has changed or some thing

Comment

Stuff like this is why I uninstall, scrub the registry and remove orphans from the prefetch folder every time I update.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X