can't seem to rip my DTS audio for some reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) can't seem to rip my DTS audio for some reason

takes about 2 hours to rip on high settings so I'm trying to find out what I'm doing wrong before making another attempt.

also, I can't search the forums for anything about DTS because it tells me too few characters

so I really can't say anything more intelligent than 'help'

I'm using the mkv.h264.ac3 profile and when I'm ready to start the rip 'EN DTS-HD Master/5.1 is selected with a check in the box. I hit the pull down arrow under Audio and again, DTS is selected. But I ripped and ended up with an mkv showing only the AC3 codec. DTS is missing

thanks for taking a look! and any advice or thought are greatly appreciated

oh and I'm using the latest official release, just bought a lifetime license last nite
    Last edited by Chaela; 04-01-2013, 02:11 AM. Reason: additional info

is there something missing in my request for help?

version 9.0.2.8 (01/03/2013)

windows7pro 64 bit
    intel i7-980x w/ 24 gigs of DDR3 ram

no other video rippers installed.
    no other changes to my computer or OS.

I have lightscribe system software installed and cyberlink instant burn.

I'm using Zoomplayer Max for my player.

So far this is only happening on one title, I mentioned, it takes 2 hours to rip something so was hoping to get an idea before trying again

Comment

Your using a ac3 profile you should be using h264 audio copy or use pass through profile for HD sound.
      Last edited by glenns; 04-01-2013, 06:16 AM.

Comment

thanks for your reply, but is there any way you could be more specific? I've never done this before.

Comment

When selecting profile in ripper in lower left corner click on profiles and select h264 audio copy this will include the hd audio you want also the h264 profile pass through is used when you want a uncompressed copy with hd audio.The ac3 profile you were using is used for ac3 soundtracks such as Dolby digital non HD.

Here is a tutorial http://www.dvdfab.com/tutorial/Convert-Blu-ray-to-MKV
          Last edited by glenns; 04-01-2013, 08:29 AM.

Comment

TYVM I'm still trying to get this, had another attempt not turn out just now. I'll try again with what you said.

All I'm trying to do is back up my bluray collection to a big external drive. I'm trying to make mkv files as they are familiar to me, I know they have good quality and can hold DTS audio. I want it to be in about as good of quality as I can get with the DTS audio intact. I'd rather watch them all from my computer too than have to fuss with the discs.

When I select profile I get tabs across the top Recent, Device, 3d Device, Format, 3d Format.... so I choose what seems to be the one I want: Format I then get choices for

mkv.h264.aac
            mkv.h264.ac3
            mkv.h264.audiocopy
            mkv.passthrough
            mkv.default

so I choose mkv.h264.audiocopy but from that point on I see no where to also select Pass Through....
            Last edited by Chaela; 04-01-2013, 08:34 AM.

Comment

I updated the post with the link in it so try the new link in the above post.

Comment

Why are you converting the blu ray with ripper you can use blu ray copy if you want to put blu rays on another drive.If your not going to compress them just use blu ray copy make a full disk or main movie uncompressed.It should only take 50 mins or so a disk.Ripper is used to turn the blu ray into different formats.
                Last edited by glenns; 04-01-2013, 08:48 AM.

Comment

You use one or the other not both.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                    You use one or the other not both.
                    gotcha. ty. I really appreciate the help.

and the reason I'm using ripper is because the software is expensive and I had a choice, buy Copy or buy Ripper, and I don't always want to be limited to making full copies i.e. I might want to rip a smaller compressed version to my phone or some other similar device in the future.

Comment

You welcome I understand.Don't forget you still can use any of the other software for 30 days free so you can have some choice on how you want to do things.

Comment

Working...
                      X