This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on your Best Practice

"Firstly, check that the your target device is listed on the left hand pane once you click on the DVD to Mobile option in the left hand pane of the Fab window.
    In Settings (little green tick mark at top right of the Fab window), set the "Create files in subfolder of output directory" to "OFF"
    Also, in Settings->DVD to DVD set the Default output size as "DVD9" and the Default output type as "DVD Folder" and close down Fab.
    Then create a directory where you will want the ripped DVD to go. I use C:\DVD Rips as an example."

When I did this it created a AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder with multiple VOB files in the TS folder, then when I go from file to mobile I am converting to mkv files and I end up with multiple mkv files. I need the end result to be a single mkv file.

Thanks
    Last edited by Complication; 12-20-2009, 04:05 PM. Reason: Moved to new thread for specific question

You don't use "File to Mobile" as the second process, you use "DVD to Mobile"

eg:-

Stage 2: DVD to Mobile Conversion
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 12-20-2009, 08:55 PM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for the reply, that did fix it! I guess I misread that step. I notice a slight incrase in speed over doing it straight from the DVD, but not really that much. I did it twice and found that it saved 3 minutes. However it is alot cooler without the DVD drive spinning.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
        Thanks for the reply, that did fix it! I guess I misread that step. I notice a slight incrase in speed over doing it straight from the DVD, but not really that much. I did it twice and found that it saved 3 minutes. However it is alot cooler without the DVD drive spinning.
        For me the benefit doesnt come from a speed increase, i can rip many movies to the hard drive and use a batch file (search on here you can find many) to queue converting the Rips to a format playable on my media device.

Comment

That was one of the points that I made in my Best Prctice thread.

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X