I have just given up since no fix seems to be comeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper I have just given up since no fix seems to be comeing

I am not even going to bother posting my log files, since I am tired of doing it over and over. The MKV and Passthrough and all sound options are out of sync and they have been for many versions now. LOTS of people are having problems and no fix coming.

I wanted to backup all my DVD's to MKV format for storage purpose.

Someone suggested usind DVD Copy and copy to HD and make MKV passthrough from HD. I Did with NO difference. Audio gets 10+ seconds out of sync with movie.

I tried version 8.0 Remux and it seemed to work a little better. Only 5 seconds audio sync out.

The DVD Copy to HD seems to work fine. But I did not want a bunch of VOB files to play from.

If the audio sync ever gets fixed I might try again.

I bought my permanent copy back in version FOUR.

@edbrackin,

Use dvd copy to get passed ecription and then try some older versions to convert!

I have all versions, final, all the way back to 4 also! When the new ones won't work try some older ones! I do this all the time!

You can also use a different title than the one fab picks!
    Last edited by 8855A; 04-08-2013, 04:04 AM. Reason: Info

Comment

I usually delete the old software when a new one arrives

It was one of the moderators that suggested using the MKV Passthrough with an older version of 8.

Like I said, it made a little improvement but not much.

I had never ever used the Ripper program until recently. I always used DVD Copy to DVD5 and I have been "VERY" pleased with that through the years.

But, with external 2TB HD's costing $100 a flat screen TV, and a HTC. It makes since to just backup all the DVD's and BD to HD and play off the HD.

MKV Passthrough would make it a whole lot more 11 year old son friendly.

Comment

Have you tryed Mkv h264 auto copy! That how I do all mine(blu-ray) and play them from an aios media player with a 2tb hdd in it! Hooked up to my 42" hdtv and with the remote control, never have to get up!

I've had just a few over time that was out of sync, but used different versions to convert or used a different title! You just have to play around some times!

I've even used a competors software while in trail mode on a pen drive sometimes, Fabs not perfect, but they are the best!

Comment

8.0.8.5 is still available and makes an mkv.remux (same as passthrough) that is spot on A/V sync. I have it installed solely for that purpose along side 9.0.3.2 and 8.2.2.8 they coexist nicely each with their own desktop icon. Be glad to assist in making that happen for you.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            8.0.8.5 is still available and makes an mkv.remux (same as passthrough) that is spot on A/V sync. I have it installed solely for that purpose along side 9.0.3.2 and 8.2.2.8 they coexist nicely each with their own desktop icon. Be glad to assist in making that happen for you.
            Ok, I'm downloading 8.0.8.5 but what do you mean by mkv.remux. Do I have to set it up in a certain way or do i just start converting movies. I'm using iPhone 4 since I was told earlier that it was the best one. Well, hope this helps, thanks.

Comment

The best one depend on what you are going to use to play them!

Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post
              Ok, I'm downloading 8.0.8.5 but what do you mean by mkv.remux. Do I have to set it up in a certain way or do i just start converting movies. I'm using iPhone 4 since I was told earlier that it was the best one. Well, hope this helps, thanks.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                I just downloaded this version. What do you mean by mkv.remux? I usually convert to iphone , is mkv.remuk automatically set or do I need to change the settings?? Thanks.

Comment

Well, I downloaded 8.0.8.5 as told, used DVD to DVD copy to copy the bible and then tried to use DVD ripper, but.... can't get to choose what profile to use. I press start and nothing happens! "Open QUEUE" and it's empty!

What am I doing wrong now? I clicked on the green circle with the checkmark, A/V codec: does not have GPU disable function and by default is in DXVA. Should I change it to software?? I changed it but nothing happens.

This message appears in the bottom of the A/V codec tab:

Graphics Chipset :
                  Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Supported Video Codecs :
                  DXVA_MODE_H264
                  DXVA_MODE_MPEG2

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

Comment

If you want to use iPhone4 there are a few in 8.0.8.5 see attached:
                    Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

The problem is that nothing appears in the"profile" section, where all theiPhone4 options are given, it's just blank

Comment

You have to select the source before profiles appear.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I selected the source and it appears in the box. I also checked Dvd ripper - iPhone. No results!!! I'm about to download an older version hopefully that works

Comment

Working...
                          X