Can't seem to specify Frame Rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Can't seem to specify Frame Rate

I am trying to rip my BluRay: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.
    I have slected the mkv.h264.aac profile, and then pressed the Edit Profile Button. Under Frame Rate, I added 29.97 fps. So, in the Frame Rate Box, it shows two items now. Same as Source and 29.97 fps. I clicked 'Save'.
    I then went into the Advanced Settings for the profile I just save to select 29.97 fps, and when I do the drop down, it only shows 'Same as Source', not the 29.97 that I had just added.

How can I force 29.97 fps on my RIPS?

I have been working with the DVDFab support to try to understand why I can't figure out how to get different Frame Rates in the Drop down for me to select. They have suggested that I try different formats to rip to, which I have tried all of them now....I think. They showed me an example of one they did using DVD Ripper, and being able to see all of the Frame Rates. I tried the same format using Blu Ray Ripper with no luck. This was their last response to me:
    Dear Chad,

If it say sames as source that means it not allowed to modify, please understand this.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely yours,

It seems for paying over $100 for this product, that they would be able to help me get it working.

Am I missing some sort of setting in options, or profile setting or something? Shouldn't be this hard......

Comment

You can't change the frame rate in Blu Ray ripper, at least Ive never been able to even in version 8. It is what it is.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

More to the point, why do you need it set to 29.97?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

That is the max that my Blu-Ray player will accept, so wanted to force the issue not to go above that.

Comment

More importantly, I am struggling using DVDFab in conjunction with Mezzmo Media Server. I can't seem to figure out the Audio/Video sync problem. One thing I wanted to force was a consistent Frame Rate to try to take a variable out of the equation. If I force it to my Max of my player, then I don't need to rely on Mezzmo to do any transcoding.

Comment

To alleviate any sync problem, you are far better using 'Same As Source". I have tested this over many years, many transcodes and many devices.

If your playback devices do not support this, I suggest that you look at revising the process/hardware/software.

I have been involved with development and testing of uPnP/DLNA servers over the past 10 years.

Although I still regard Twonky as the "Best of Breed" and have it running on a couple of Linux NAS's for testing purposes, I no longer use it because I will now not use a player than does not support SAMBA (File/Folder sharing) and I play the files directly, no transcoding necessary.

If library management and metadata is your thing, you are better looking at XBMC or YAMJ.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for the reply, it was really helpful.

Can you help me walk through your configuration?

I am assuming you are using DVDFAB for all of your Ripping (Passthrough), but what file container?

Anything in between DVDFAB and your Media Server?

If you don't use Twonky, do you use the XBMC or YAMJ? Or, do you use something else?

If you have something that is working great for you, I want to try to emulate it. I have been working on this for way too long. Thanks for your help!

Comment

First of all I generally use mkv.h264.audiocopy. Have a read of the "Best Practice" thread listed in my signature. It's fairly old but the principles still apply.

I use MKV exclusively as I am anal about what I can achieve WITHIN the file and I spend a few minutes processing each file after transcoding and generally have each file containing multiple subs, multiple audio, chapters, artwork, etc, etc. This pays off in the long run when you move to the library management stage.

For the library management, I have a process which works really well for me and all the software is GPL/FREE.

Firstly I use Thumbgen to analyse the file. It then scrapes the Internet and creates a customised JPG file amd a XML NFO file which gives all the title detail. I open and edit this NFO file to ensure the details are correct.

Once complete, I then drop the media file, JPG and NFO file into my master library which is set up on NAS storage.

This NAS storage is accessed by both YAMJ and XBMC to update the master library. I have XBMC set up as a central database and all PC's on my home network access the central database.

I have multiple Media Players that access this central database using either YAMJ or XBMC depending on their capabilities.

This works fine for me with over 2000 movies, 9 TV Shows (500+ episodes) and hundreds of Music Concerts in the database.

Hope this helps.
                  Regards
                  Greg

Comment

PS:

XBMC can be set to download and keep subtitles for all your video titles where available.

I find this useful as the AU usually does not contain Arabic & Indonesian subs which I often use to keep up my language fluency.

Also XBMC will download and display the lyrics for your audio title wher available.

Comment

You are the man! GREGIBOY! My little AIOS looks great with all the art work you thaught me over the years! Just reading all this stuff is amazing!

Comment

Makes you think back to how you used to do things in the Dark Ages, doesn't it?

Comment

PPS: Typo!!! It is 90 TV Show & 5000+ episodes

Comment

Why would you set the Frame Rate to 29.97 FPS?

How about because THAT is what the movie is recorded at, NOT 23 FPS.

As you can see from my thread the PASSTHROUGH/REMUX is "NOT" taking the Same As Source as it says. It is using 23 fps which is what is screwing everyones Audio Sync.

Comment

Ed,

Have you tried actually inspecting the header of the MKV?

Comment

Working...
                              X