This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File to Mobile error - FabCore has encountered a problem

I am getting this error on two different .MOV file I am trying to convert using the ipod.touch profile. On version 6.2.0.5 and have duplicated the error on the Beta version. I have attached screen shots, and log files. Just bought product yesterday and errors on first two files I tried to convert. I have used the recommended settings from your "help us help you" sticky. MOV "alcohol" errors at 42%, "celebrity" errors at 69%.

I have all the log files and word docs that show the errors as well as the .txt files from the fabcore errors but your file upload will not allow me to attach them due to size limitatoions.

SOURCE FILE TYPE: MOV
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H.264
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 960x540
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AAC
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.0.5 and beta
    DVDFab PROFILE: ipod.touch
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: default for profile
    OUTPUT CROP: default for profile
    OUTPUT BITRATE: default for profile
    OUTPUT PASSES: default for profile
    Attached Files

Update to the lateset version 6215 and try again. your log shows version 6040 is being used and it's pretty old.

Comment

Performed update as requested, and retried "alcohol". Received FABCore application error at 42.25% -
      "The instruction at "0x70212e51" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be written.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tebetorbes View Post
        Performed update as requested, and retried "alcohol". Received FABCore application error at 42.25% -
        "The instruction at "0x70212e51" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be written.
        Try this to correct the error. Use a test editor like notepad to edit the boot.ini file in boot drive root directory. I have a hunch that it looks like the one below, “noexecute=optin”, change to “noexecute=alwaysoff” save the file as a txt file in the root directory, reboot and give it a try.

[boot loader]
        timeout=30
        default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
        [operating systems]
        multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          Try this to correct the error. Use a test editor like notepad to edit the boot.ini file in boot drive root directory. I have a hunch that it looks like the one below, “noexecute=optin”, change to “noexecute=alwaysoff” save the file as a txt file in the root directory, reboot and give it a try.

[boot loader]
          timeout=30
          default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
          [operating systems]
          multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
          You were correct, I made the change and re-booted, but unfortunately it did not fix the problem. The error came at 70% and was exactly the same as I previously reported - "The instruction at "0x70212e51" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be written."

Thank you for taking the time to try to help!

Comment

This could be also a RAM error, you may test your RAM with MemTest.

I have seen such memory errors a lot in other softwares and it turned out to be a defect RAM.
            人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
            Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

I would have bet on it! I guess you checked to make sure the change stuck in the boot.ini file?
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

990312 - after your post, I did double check and the settings were correct as you recommended.

Blazkowicz - after your post, I ran 3 passes of Memtest +86, 2 at ver 2.11 and 1 at ver 3.5, all passes found no memory errors.

Also, I was successful to with a DVD-to-DVD rip to a folder. I have also been succesful to do some File-to-Mobile conversions of FLV videos to Mp4 via the ipod.Touch profile. So at this point, the problem is just when trying a File-to-Mobile conversion of 2 different .mov files using the ipod.touch profile.

Comment

Does anyone have any other ideas. I still have the original problem.

I have tried upgrading to latest Beata version, tested Memory with Memtest, and changed "boot.ini" settings, but still get "The instruction at "0x70212e51" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be written.

Since this is the main reason I bought the software, if it can't be fixed, can someone tell me how to get a refund and can someone recommend another product?

Comment

Working...
                  X