What Subtitle Mode to select?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Subtitle Mode to select?

v9.0.3.2 What subtitle mode should I select when ripping a 3D movie to m2ts file or Mkv file? There seem to be 3 choices and I don't know which to choose, or if it matters? I don't usually require subtitles unless there are forced subtitles.

If you don't need them don't select any.The forced subs will still be their as their in the movie itself.

Comment

Glenn, sometimes they are not but can be in another sub stream or sometimes in a sub stream by themself.

Entirely depends on the authoring.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

In that case keep the English subtitles get rid of the rest.

Comment

Unless I am certain there are no forced subtitles I keep the English subs. My issue is whether to choose "direct render to video", or "extract to idx/sub file" and I have also seen a choice for "remux into file". Does it matter which I choose and if so which one is correct/best?

Comment

It depends on what your player hardware of playing software supports.

IMHO, remux to file is the best choice as the subs are actually contained within the file and should be able to be turned on/off on the player.

Second choice is SUB/IDX which should be able to turned on/off also.

Last choice is Drect Render which actually burns the subs into the image and cannot be turned on/off.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X