Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD Ripping & Encoding For Samsung 8 Series

Hi All ,
    Have been reading here and am trying to find the best process and format to rip all my childrens Original DVDS , Yes its time they are getting a little bit rough around the edges and having a new Samsung 8 series TV I am going to put them all on my hardive to make it easier for the children to watch and also when we go away!
    I have tried and can rip the originals full movies and just the main movie but am not sure how to convert them to say maybe MKV or divx and exactly how to do it.
    Any help is appreciated or a pointer on this site if there is a good tutorials .
    Thank You!!

This is the exact question i have also .. I am suprise they is no response to this .. I also would like to do the same exact thing ..

Comment

Have a look at the post in my signature. It's a bit outdated but all the principles still apply.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by jm095 View Post
        This is the exact question i have also .. I am suprise they is no response to this .. I also would like to do the same exact thing ..
        what i am trying to do is backup some movies i have here to a Toshiba 1.5 TB Canvio USB hard drive .. Problem is my girlfriend who is spanish does not understand english too well so i want to have English and spanish audio so i can select either or when playing back ... Is this possible ... If so can you send me the correct way ... I am getting the movie back up good but with only one audio which is english ... Thanks in advance

Comment

I have found (and heard) the best option is to rip your DVD's using Vob Passthrough. You lose no quality in the movies. If what your playing them on doesn't play the .vob extension, just change it to .mpg which will play on almost anything. Vob and Mpg are virtually the same. As far as subtitles, they can be ripped too, but since I never used the subtitles, I couldn't tell you how to get them to show up when your playing the movie.

Comment

Working...
          X