Trouble encoding home movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Trouble encoding home movies

Hi all...I hope someone can help me out here. I have several home videos taken with a mini dv cassette type video camera. I edit the content by burning what I want on a dvd. I have excellent dvd quality but if I try and maks a avi out of this I get very bad pixalating on the encoded avi??? what am I doing wrong??? anybody got a suggestion for a fix?? am using the same bit rate settings as I do for movies etc on hd264 audiocopy / divx audiocopy. And it is not a problem with only my home made dvds...any I have purchased from school also pixalate when made into avi. I am assuming it is in the conversion settings....but which one! Has anyone else ran across this problem? Thanks

Hi 88fingers0
    Please post your internal log.
    Thanks
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I think this is all that pertains to one of the failed attempts of conversion to digital from home burned dvd (by toshiba ) dvd player/burner deck ...but as i have said ...it does not seem to matter if it is my copy a school made copy etc...it also does not matter if i use fab or which version of fab or even 1 click...all pixalate ...yet dvd quality is very good..not grainy no distortions and good lighting....so i can only think its gotta be a fps or bit rate setting or something
      Any help would be appreciated...thanks

----- begin mobile work(1/1) ------

0m 45.68s: info: create config(0)
      0m 45.68s: info: convert profile(generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy)
      0m 45.68s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(0),chapter(1->7),3D(0)
      0m 45.68s: info: streams((480.2)(128.1)(32.16))

DVDFab 8.1.2.0 (2013/05/01 18:33:11)

0m 01.48s: Qt Translator file load success
      0m 01.51s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      1m 58.87s: pathplayer enabled
      2m 21.82s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

2m 21.82s: info: create config(0)
      2m 21.82s: info: convert profile(generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy)
      2m 21.82s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(0),chapter(1->7),3D(0)
      2m 21.82s: info: streams((480.2)(128.1)(32.16))
      2m 25.43s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
      2m 25.43s: info: subpicture preset(2), mode(2)
      2m 29.50s: subpicture(32) mode(2)
      30m 24.39s:

------ finish mobile work ------

Comment

Please update you fab to the latest release 9038 and try again.

Comment

no thanks

as i have wrote in above.... it matters not which version of fab i am using ...i get the same results...also pixalates if i use software 1 click I am running latest version of fab on my ripper system....the above data came from my avi quad core cuda enabled encoding machine.....which by the way seems to be the ONLY fab version that will encode movie audio IN SYNC .....seems a lot of people still complaining about this ongoing issue ....my fix.....this older version...back when things still worked ....so no I will not install the latest version of fab as i have stated will not work any better then older versions of fab for my pixalating problem.....I would only give myself new and additional problem with audio sync on ALL files! Now other then this ....does anyone have an answer??? Has anyone ever experienced this before??

Comment

Nope, but it sounds like you have resolution, bitrate & the bits/pixel set too low.

Are they interlaced by any chance?

If you post the MediaInfo on your source and output, it may assist us in looking at it.
            Last edited by GregiBoy; 05-06-2013, 08:37 PM.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

not sure what or how to find out what you are asking...the fab program identifies source as an mpeg 2. I have tried both interlaced and deinterlaced. I can tell you that the recorder that burned the verbatim +r is a progressive scan dvd player burner...which plays the origional edited disc just fine ...as do other dvd players including the one in my pc. And to describe the pixalating I am seeing a little better it is more like horizontal colored bars breaking up the picture not individual pixals ...entire lines across the screen of multi colored interference.

Comment

Sounds like interlacing alright.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Make sure this box is checked and try one:
                  Attached Files
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X