No MKV audio copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) No MKV audio copy

Has anyone else experienced this? Fab insists on mp4 output. When I select mkv audio copy it selects mp4 h264

I cant select mkv passthrough. When I select it, mp4 h264 is selected and it wont budge. I previously had a licence for DVD Fab which has now expired. I am using the trial version at the moment, but I don't see why this would make a difference. If this doesn't work anymore I wont be buying a new licence.

Comment

When your subscription runs out you sre not able to use a lot of features.

Making such a threat is futile and out of place on this volunteer-based forum.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by jackjohnson View Post
        I cant select mkv passthrough. When I select it, mp4 h264 is selected and it wont budge. I previously had a licence for DVD Fab which has now expired. I am using the trial version at the moment, but I don't see why this would make a difference. If this doesn't work anymore I wont be buying a new licence.
        That's exactly what is happening to me and I have lifetime subscription

Comment

@Garry_e
          I totally understand but it's no good @jackjohnson hijacking a thread, attempting blackmail B/S, complaining, whingeing or trying to troubleshoot a module if his subscription has expired.

That is what I was commenting on.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            @Garry_e
            I totally understand but it's no good @jackjohnson hijacking a thread, attempting blackmail B/S, complaining, whingeing or trying to troubleshoot a module if his subscription has expired.

That is what I was commenting on.
            No problem Wiz. Just looking for some ideas why this is happening. I'm suprised others are not having the same issue. It just seems to have popped up over the last update or two. I might have to roll back to see if I can nail it.

Comment

Working fine here on both DVD and BR discs
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry but how am I blackmailing or hijacking the thread? I have the same problem as the original poster. I was a paying customer expecting to renew my licence, to find that the feature that I use out of the software doesn't work. Jesus. I am merely saying that whilst this function is broken I cannot renew my licence as the software is useless to me without it. By all means ask me for the information that might be needed to fix the problem, but don't make accusations that are inaccurate. What I said is common sense, for me to part with my hard earned cash I need to know this can be fixed, otherwise it is a waste of money for me as this is all I use the software for.

Comment

Hi Garry E,
                  Please check whether it contains a PCM audio tracks in the disc. Fab doesn't support audiocopy PCM audio and will change the profile to mp4.h264.aac.

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
                    Hi Garry E,
                    Please check whether it contains a PCM audio tracks in the disc. Fab doesn't support audiocopy PCM audio and will change the profile to mp4.h264.aac.
                    Yes it does have a PCM track but I de selected it via the audio tab.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry E View Post
                      Has anyone else experienced this? Fab insists on mp4 output. When I select mkv audio copy it selects mp4 h264
                      Hi garry ;its different from version 8 ; click on the profile arrows then pick format [up the top] [ there's a drop down list for m2ts; mkv; audio etc to click on ] then audio copy then ok down the bottom Theres an equivalent box for the 3d format conversion next to it

Its very logical when you get the hang of it - i only figured it out trying to find m2ts audiocopy fast You have to do it quickly though the whole thing times out to fast imho..

Comment

Temporary Fix

OK what I have found is that on earlier version 9.0.2.8 if you selected MKV audio copy on a bd with a PCM track FAB would crash. BUT you could click on the audio tab and deselect the PCM track and all would be well.

I think what may have happened is that in an attempt to dumb down the software and make it more user friendly they have made it so that as soon as FAB sees the PCM track it automatically shifts to mp4. I have tried disabling the PCM track and selecting MKV audio copy but it continually reverts back to mp4 and when I check back at the audio ALL audio tracks are checked.

I hope this is something that can be rectified in this otherwise fine software

Comment

In the mean time you can rip the main movie to the HDD less the PCM audio stream then make your MKV passthrough from the folder or image. Not an optimal workaround I know, but it will work.
                          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks 90312

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                            In the mean time you can rip the main movie to the HDD less the PCM audio stream then make your MKV passthrough from the folder or image. Not an optimal workaround I know, but it will work.
                            That works for me. Usually rip to ISO first with other software but I guess I can go this way for a change. Bit hard to keep up with the continual changes here but always good when you get help.

Cheers Mate

Comment

Working...
                            X