Rip 5.1 audio to stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Rip 5.1 audio to stereo

I’m using BD Ripper version 9.0.3.8 and am converting a blu-ray iso to mkv to play on a TV with only the TV speakers. So, I only want stereo audio. I have set stereo in the mkv profile and also in the common settings “Audio Downmix from multi-channel to stereo”. Yet, when I rip to mkv, I get 5.1 audio. Is there a setting I’m missing?

What profile are you using and what are you using to play the file to the TV??

There really should be no need to create the file as stereo as most modern TV's already have a downmix capability an you will not have to re-encode the title if you add an A/V Amp to your system.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm using the mkv.default profile and editing it to set the audio to stereo.

I'm checking the mkv file with MediaInfo and see the 5.1 audio in the report. I was playing the file with VLC to check the video/audio. I haven't tried it on the TV yet, as that will require a trip to my mothers house. I was just preparing the files on my hard disk and thought I would need stereo audio for my mother's TV since she only has the TV speakers for audio. I didn't realize the TV will downmix to stereo, as I've never tried this (setting the audio conversion to stereo). That's good info.

Still, shouldn't DVDfab downmix the audio to stereo if I choose that setting in the profile?

Comment

OK, Just tested this myself and you are correct. There is something definitely wrong somewhere.

I tried mkv.default, mkv.h264.aac, mkv.h264.ac3 all set to output STEREO.

All returned a file with multichannel 5.1 audio track.

What I suggest you try for your Mum's TV is:-

Do one encode using the mkv.h264.audiocopy profile.
        Do another encode using the avi.h264.mp3 profile but bump the audio volume up to about 130%.

Then see what works best.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi TitanFan,
          We have found the issue of Stero audio channels and will fix it asap. Thanks for your support!
          You can try "Dolby surround/ProLogic" and "Dolby ProLogic II", which should be OK and outputs 2 audio channels. I don't know wheter Dolby is supported in your TV. Just give a try please.

Comment

Good to know you found the problem. Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll give your suggestions a try. Any idea when you will build a fix? I'd like to try the beta release with this fix. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X