Unable to make dual audio work with 9.0.3.7+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Unable to make dual audio work with 9.0.3.7+

Ever since DVDFab 9.0.3.7 came out, the release notes have advertised the ability for dual channel audio. I found there is an additional check box under Audio that says "Add one or more audio track" but when I click on it nothing changes. So I figured ok maybe it will know automatically to downmix the 2nd track to stereo, I rip the BR to mp4 (Apple TV3), launch the file with MediaInfo and find that there is still only 1 audio track.

Has anyone been able to get this dual audio "feature" to work yet? If so, can you tell me how?

When you check the box to add a second audio stream, add it. It won't show both in the GUI but will add them both. This is the way it worked for me.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Does the source need to contain more than one audio track to make this work? I have only tried on a TV show so far which only has 1 AC-3 5.1 audio track, it does not include a 2.0 AAC track as well.

I selected that single track, then the checkbox and ripped the disc but it just shows the AC-3 track, it never adds the 2 channel AAC track.

Comment

9.0.3.9 doesn't seem to be working for me now.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Glad it isn't just me. Although I haven't been able to successfully do it and I've had 3.7, 3.8 and now 3.9.

Comment

So I found the trick, before this will work the source disc itself has to contain TWO English tracks. It needs to have both a 5.1 AC-3 and a 2.0 stereo track, then once you select dual audio check box it works. Why isn't the software smart enough to down-convert the 5.1 post rip, I do not know. A LOT of BR's do not come with a 2nd English stereo option so this is incredibly limiting.

Comment

Fab has the ability to output 5.1 ac-3 and 2.0 aac from the same audio track in source. Fab will mark "Add one more stero audio track" in Apple TV and Apple TV3 profile. Please check it.

Comment

Working...
              X