Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to name the subtitle and audio tracks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) How to name the subtitle and audio tracks?

I ripped "The Guillotines" BR onto my hand-drive. Usually I only keep 1 audio track but this time I keep both Cantonese and Mandarin tracks.

The ripped MKV using MKV passthrough is great, all in sync in every chapters and every audio tracks. One tiny thing I hope the future version of DVDFab may address, it is the name of audio tracks and subtitles. The DVDFab can see the multiple audio track names and subtitle names but the audio and subtitle tracks of the ripped MKV file are all list as "Unknown".

Well, anyway, hope the new DVDFab fix the constant crashes under Windows 8. I don't know if it is the problem of DVDFab or Windows 8, all I know after I installed the Windows 8 fresh, the newly installed DVDFab acts weird, whenever I select audio tracks, subtitles, it freezes many times and sometimes it takes a while before it can gain control but sometimes I have to end the task to get out of it.

You can use the FREE MKVToolnix tools to edit these track names & languages in the file for the moment.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it out

Comment

Use the header editor so you don't have to remux the entire file.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
        MultiShrink
        : DVD Shrink batch processing
        Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

It's in our to do list. Please wait for the fixed release.

Comment

Thank you, looking forward to the new updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Chetwood View Post
              Use the header editor so you don't have to remux the entire file.
              Can you suggest which header editor is good?
              Also can it change the tracks name and subtitle names of M4v or Mp4 files too?

Comment

I presume that Chet was referring to the one built into MKVMerge GUI which is part of the MKVToolnix utilities.

Sorry, but I can't comment on the MPx files as I haven't used that container for about 5 years due to it's brain-dead abilities.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks guys, the header editor works nicely.

If anyone knows any MP4 M4V header editor, please let me know too, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X