mkv ripping from DVD has out of sync audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper mkv ripping from DVD has out of sync audio

I'm converting most of my ISO DVD on my nas to mkv, to gain space and increase compatibility with third part external player.
    I use 2 pass high quality, best quality mkv encoding, audio passthrough and all software but most of the resulting ripped files have out of sync audio, sometimes from the start most frequently on the second half of the movie.

Is this a known issue?

No, it is not a known issue.

I have seen this occur when the "Layer Break" is maintained within the ISO.

Try a test ripping an ISO with this turned off and then process this ISO and report back.

FYI, I keep test files here that really display this problem, if present, and my test for this problem is "Deja Vu" DVD which has caused hellish problems over the years.

I just retested using this and all is good.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks fro the reply, i'll try.
      Another issue i'm having, is "stuttering" video, same setup, from dvd iso to mkv h264 audiocopy.
      Maybe some of my iso are "corrupted" (they are sometimens very old and obtained with early versions of dvdfab).
      Playing the iso right away form a compatible media player doesn't show issues.

Comment

Working...
      X