Problems still exist under WIndows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Problems still exist under WIndows 8

Someone has mentioned about the select of tracks is not working in the past couple version. I downloaded and installed 9.0.4.0 and the pull down option select of tracks are still not working under Windows 8.

Hi Zori,
    I'm so sorry for that. But we cannot repro your issue here in Windows 8 PRO with WMC x64 6.2.9200.16384. What's the version of your Win8?
    What's more, how about other pull down options, such as subtitle, CPU cores in common settings and so on in Fab9?

Comment

I am using Windows 8 Pro which I download from Microsoft TechNet directly. (I am a TechNet member). x64 6.2.9200.16384 Currently using the video driver provided by AMD.

The drop down box is working fine under settings when I have not insert any discs. But once any Blu Ray Disc is inserted, the drop down menu is no longer working, or I should say, the pull down menu is there but I can't see it.

E.g. When BR is inserted and under Ripper Tab, I tried to select the audio track by clicking, there should be a drop down menu showing all the audio tracks, (same apply to subtitle) but it is not visible. What seems funny is if I click on advanced settings button, then the missing drop down menu is shown. Then if I didn't press esc, the focus maybe lost and I can no longer access DVDFab.

Comment

Hi Zori,
        What about inserting a BD/DVD iso in Fab? Not the physical disc.
        What's your BD-ROM? I think it maybe the issue. Giving a try of using an external BD-ROM.

Comment

Haven't tried to copy any ISO yet. Let me try it out later.

I have recently got a new BDRom, my old one was LG and last week after I installed Windows 8, I got a new one, it is Pioneer BDC 207D

DVDFab has the same problem on the old one and the new one.

Well, I'll try to uninstall and reinstall it again to see if it helps

By the way, the DVDFab Media Player, all BR, or even M4V MKV has trouble playing with sound and normal speed.

Comment

Dropdown diaglog box issues w/Windows 8

Originally posted by Zori View Post
            Someone has mentioned about the select of tracks is not working in the past couple version. I downloaded and installed 9.0.4.0 and the pull down option select of tracks are still not working under Windows 8.
            I'm having similar strange issues with Windows 8. Drop down boxes are not appearing, the "open Directory" box on DVD Ripper is not showing all of my drives and it doesn't let me actually select anything. If I eject a DVD (not Bluray) from the drive, then it all works. I too downloaded my version of Windows 8 from MSDN subscription.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled DVDFab 9.0.4.2 but still no luck.

-Larry
            Last edited by lrcasey; 05-27-2013, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Hi Ircasey,
              Do you mean the dropdown dialog box is OK when Blu-ray is inserted?

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
                Hi Ircasey,
                Do you mean the dropdown dialog box is OK when Blu-ray is inserted?
                No, I was just saying that since Zori noted they were having a problem with Blu-ray, I wanted to specify that I was having the same issue but with DVD. I don't have a Blu-ray handy but will try to get one to test that out as well.

Thanks.
                -Larry

Comment

Any suggestions?

Comment

Any progress??

I solved the DVDFab Player ultra lag and no sound by selecting Analog which I don't have on my PC instead of HDMI. Anyway, it works now.

The invisible dropdown box on DVDFab (AFTER BR is inserted) is still a trouble I am hoping someone can help me to solve. After running Windows 8 for 5 weeks, I have BSOD 3 times and it pointed to ati???.sys 2 times with the previous driver and one with the lastest driver and this week, while I was browsing engadget website and watch the youtube video, it crashed again. Now I am puzzling if it is the ATI video driver causing DVDFab to act weird on drop box? I know the dropbox or pop up window is there but invisible cause the focus of the program is no longer on the main DVDFab window anymore and I can no longer select the close button on the DVDFab window.

Comment

is there any way to manual set to remove the HD Audio?

I got DJango Unchanined and it has onlyh English and Spanish DTS-HD. Is there a way to default and set the audio to remove HD?

I still have that drop down box missing problem with my Windows 8 after Blu Ray is inserted . Usually I will ripped the whole disc and select the AC3 audio and do the conversion but DJango does not have that.

Comment

GREAT
                        The new 9.0.4.7 fixed the missing dropdown box and windows

Comment

Originally posted by Zori View Post
                          GREAT
                          The new 9.0.4.7 fixed the missing dropdown box and windows
                          It fixed it for me too! Yeah.

-Larry

Comment

Working...
                          X