Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Subtitle problems

Hello!

Using DVDCopy for some years now, I was curious and tried the recent version 9.0.40 of DVD/Blu-ray Ripper (converting to MKV format).

It seems to work fine at first look, but if you look a little bit closer, you have to notice:
    1. Problems with tagging of the subtitle tracks; I used a dvd with French and German subtitles, selected both (they were shown in the overview). But when playing the resulting MKV (with VLC) there is only "title 1" and "title 2" to choose from, not as it should be "title 1 [German]" / "title 2 [French]". That is a little bit awkward if there are many subtitles included in the MKV. (As the dvd is a little bit exotic, I think I should try with a another.)
    2. Problems with subtitles when converting blu-ray to MKV. I Used the UK's disc "Hot Fuzz" (EAN 5050582726046), selected English and 2 German subtitles to remux in the MKV file. Playing the result I can select three subtitle tracks, but it doesn't show any of them. Here too, no language tag is set.
    3. When previewing the "Hot Fuzz" blu-ray, it shows me just Spanish subtitles - no matter what subtitles I checked before.
    4. If one track on a dvd/blu-ray is selected/highlighted, you just get shown ONE audio and ONE subtitle in these columns, even if you selected more; you have to highlight another track to see what you've checked in your track (then shows as DE,FR,EN ...)
    5. I really don't get it, how to use the check box "use forced subtitles". For example I want to convert the "Hot Fuzz" blu-ray to MKV and keeping the original English audio plus German one, and include English and German subtitles plus the forced one - how do I do that? It's not necessary that the forced one is selected per default, I even don't get it to use the three subtitles tracks in one MKV (DVDFab seems to do that, but see above 2.).
    6. How can I set the default language for tracks and subtitles? As far as I remember, in version 8 there was the option to select the default track.

Thanks in advance
Working...
X