X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DTS and Dolby 5.1

Hi,
    Can someone help with sound.
    If I copy using audiocopy the volume on my amp has to be up almost full to hear some movies.

If I use MP3 I can bump up to voume just 30% and that is great.

Why is there no option to bump up the sound in Audiocopy.

Cheers

Because it is exactly what it states, AUDIOCOPY and the file created contains a true copy of the existing soundtrack contained on the DVD without modification.

If you are getting low sound playing 5.1 sound, it sounds like a setting in the device that you are playing from or on your amp needs to be optimised. You playback device may not even support 5.1 sound!

A start point to resove this is to set your playback device to Downmix 5.1 sound to stereo and set your amp to 6-Stereo or some similar setting.

Hope this helps.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thank you for the quick response.

My playback system is a HTPC which is set to passthrough and my kenwood KRF-V5100D picks up the Dolby sound.

Could this Amp simply not be powerful enough.

Cheers

Comment

Wouldn't think so !!

How do you have them connected? Best if by SP-DIF (Optical).
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Just spdif could not get Optical to work.

Cheers

Comment

1. Can you compare the original DVD vs the mobile file by playing both on the HTPC?

2. Have you installed an AC3 decoder on the HTPC? I have found that a lot of HTPC's need something like AC-3 Filter (Download) installed before they will play DD5.1 correctly.

Fellow Aussie in Perth?

Comment

I have the cccodec pack installed that has ac3 filter.

Played Dvd against avi and dvd is louder

Cheers

Comment

Are you selecting the AC-3/5.1 when you set up the encodeo of the file, not DTS?

Are you playing the same Audio track on the DVD?

I have tested both DVD & AVI here with with my Zensonic Z500 Network Media Player which has a DVDtray in it and can play the AVI and there is no discernable change in volume.

I'm afraid that I can't be of much more assistance but would suggest that if you can't get the optical connection working, something is not quite right with your equipment.

Maybe someone on the AVS Forums can be of more assistance.

Comment

Working...
                X