This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convertings ISO's within Sub Folders

Is there an easy way to command line convert ISO's nested within an folder structure?

I have my ISO's in individual folders which is how Media Browser likes them. That way I have all the meta data and associsated images stored neatly for viewing under W7 Media Center.

I've seen the scripts here that will batch convert ISO's but they have to be in the same folder.

Obvioulsy I could cut and paste the ISO's but thats a bit messy and some films I want to keep as ISO's too.

Thanks & Merry Christmas.

Which script/bat are you talking about exactly?
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Can you give me the directory structure of W7 Media Center.

I am updating my Excel batch conversion program so it should be easy to allow this. There are 2 way to do this:

1. Create a link directory pointing to all the ISO files.
      2. Just read the directory structure and find them all.

Creating the link directory has the advantage of allowing you to delete links for movies you don't want to convert. I have had problems converting a few of them so I ignore them.

Refer to:

I am still having a problem with 6.2.1.5 on Forced Subtitles. It crashes FabCore.

Comment

I reread some stuff on bat files and there is a recursive operation. It should iterate through the directory looking for iso files, convert them and place them in C:\MOVIE\avi (in this example). It will recursive search the directory from "J:\MOVIE\iso\test".

You may need to remove /SUBTITLE "English" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB "YES". This is causing 6.2.1.5 to crash for me.

You can make a bat file as shown:

for /r "J:\MOVIE\iso\test" %%X in ("*.iso") do (if not exist "C:\MOVIE\avi\%%~nX.avi" ("C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe" /TITLE /MODE "DVDGENERIC" /SRC "%%X" /DEST "C:\MOVIE\avi" /PROFILE "generic.default" /SUBTITLE "English" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB "YES" /CLOSE) else (echo "Exists C:\MOVIE\avi\%%~nX.avi"))

Please send me a PM if this works for you so I can write it up.
        Attached Files

Comment

I've just tried that batch file and I get the error message:

%%X was unexpected at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by billbell52 View Post
            Can you give me the directory structure of W7 Media Center.

I am updating my Excel batch conversion program so it should be easy to allow this. There are 2 way to do this:

1. Create a link directory pointing to all the ISO files.
            2. Just read the directory structure and find them all.

Creating the link directory has the advantage of allowing you to delete links for movies you don't want to convert. I have had problems converting a few of them so I ignore them.

Refer to:

I am still having a problem with 6.2.1.5 on Forced Subtitles. It crashes FabCore.
            Hi BillBell52,

I've just installed your app under W7 64Bit with Office 2007.

I've had to change a couple of this that might be worth moving to the Modules Constants section.

The path for DVDFab under W7 64bit is C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe also the /MODE has to be DVDGENERIC now.

I've just started a run using three LNK files from my ISO library, and so far so good. I'll report back once this this finished.

thanks & Happy Christmas!

Comment

I double checked the .bat file and it is correct. Please post your version of it so I can check it. This is good for Vista but I think it should work on Windows 7.

Comment

One thing to check on the bat file make sure it is 1 line - no carriage returns.

Comment

this is my modified script (i've only changed the drive letter to D: and created the folder structure the same as yours).

for /r "d:\MOVIE\iso\test" %%X in ("*.iso") do (if not exist "D:\MOVIE\avi\%%~nX.avi" ("C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe" /TITLE /MODE "DVDGENERIC" /SRC "%%X" /DEST "d:\MOVIE\avi" /PROFILE "generic.default" /SUBTITLE "English" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB "YES" /CLOSE) else (echo "Exists d:\MOVIE\avi\%%~nX.avi"))

and under W7 64bit I get the error message stated before

%%X was unexpected at this time.

Comment

changing %%X to %X - removes the error, and seems to work. I'll report back if it selects the 2nd ISO.
                    Last edited by smiffy; 12-25-2009, 08:07 AM.

Comment

BUT and this seems to be a BIG but as I now have many many copies of DVDFab running at the same time!

Comment

Ok. I think I know what is happening. You are pasting the command in the command window. IT MUST BE A BATCH FILE. I had the same problem a few weeks ago when I started playing with this. When using a batch file it must be %%X. When using the command line directly it must be %X (don't know why but that is the way it is). Also, it needs to be a single line in the batch file.

The easiest way to do this is create a link to the bat file and put it on the desktop. Double click it to run it.

Let me know if it works.

Comment

That seems to be working well - Thanks.

This is how I've modified your batch file to make it easier to customise.

@echo off
                          set DVDSOURCE=G:\ISO Images
                          set AVIDEST=G:\Movies
                          set DVDFAB="C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe"
                          echo Source = %DVDSOURCE%
                          echo Destination = %AVIDEST%
                          pause

for /r "%dvdsource%" %%X in ("*.iso") do (if not exist "%avidest%\%%~nX.avi" (%dvdfab% /TITLE /MODE "DVDGENERIC" /SRC "%%X" /DEST "%avidest%" /PROFILE "generic.default" /SUBTITLE "English" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB "YES" /CLOSE) else (echo "Exists %avidest%\%%~nX.avi"))

echo Loop Finished
                          pause
                          Happy New Year!

Comment

I've been using this script for the last few hours, and I don't think that the IF NOT EXISIT is working correctly as I've just reencoded so ISOs that were done yesterday.

Is it becuase the folder GENERIC is created by DVDFAB, and this is not referenced in the batch file?

Comment

Did not make this clear but you need to follow the instructions in DVD2MobileBatchCommand.pdf located at:

In DVDFab Common Settings >> General settings disable “Create files in
                              subfolders of output directory”

This should fix the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X