Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 1920x816?

When ripping blu-ray 3D disc to mkv i notice in the edit page
    the resolution is always defaulted to 1920x816.
    So i always change it to 1920x1080 thinking this must be the
    best setting for best results.
    So my question is should i leave it on the default of 1920x816
    or change it to 1920x1080.
    "If i knew i was going to live this long i would have looked after myself better"

Yes. leave it at 1920x816

Originally posted by tommytinkroom View Post
    When ripping blu-ray 3D disc to mkv i notice in the edit page
    the resolution is always defaulted to 1920x816.
    So i always change it to 1920x1080 thinking this must be the
    best setting for best results.
    So my question is should i leave it on the default of 1920x816
    or change it to 1920x1080.
    DVDFAB is automatically cropping the black bars of the top and bottom of a movie. By doing this, DVDfab is avoids spending time and resources encoding the black bars, so you get faster rips and slightly smaller files.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Simpson View Post
      DVDFAB is automatically cropping the black bars of the top and bottom of a movie. By doing this, DVDfab is avoids spending time and resources encoding the black bars, so you get faster rips and slightly smaller files.
      Ah! i see,thanks for the info.But will it degrade picture quality having
      it on 816 instead of 1080.
      "If i knew i was going to live this long i would have looked after myself better"

Comment

No, the picture is 816 pixels high without black bars so with or without that's all you get. If you are concerned turn off auto-cropping here:
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          No, the picture is 816 pixels high without black bars so with or without that's all you get. If you are concerned turn off auto-cropping here:
          Thanks for the screenshot,i'll leave it at 816 on my next rip and
          check it out.Getting a smaller file size would ba an advantage aswell.

Comment

Like Nik Simpson said you're wasting time and file size encoding black bars into your file.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

And it also will not always be 816 pixels.

That figure will depend on the aspect ratio that the original title is composed at and can generally vary from 16:9 (1920 x 1080) to 2.4:1 (1920 x 800)..
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi GregiBoy, Just got my first mediaplayer the MED1000X3D with a 2TB hard drive,
                and i'm over the moon with it after some initial hair pulling during setup.
                I see by the last line in your signature ("I NEVER burn anything.... I just encode it and play the files on network and hard disk Media Players, hell of a lot easier!!!")that there's never been a truer statement.
                Last edited by tommytinkroom; 06-20-2013, 11:38 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Mate, I've been doing it for nigh on 10 years now and have never looked back.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

MKe too

I have ~5.8TB of ripped BluRay and DVD on my network.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Simpson View Post
                      I have ~5.8TB of ripped BluRay and DVD on my network.
                      Do you have a NAS?

Comment

Yes, and No

I use a Windows PC and index the collection using MyMovies which interfaces with Windows Media Center

Comment

Working...
                        X