Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Computer Build

Hi,

I have been using BD Ripper on one of my older laptops and am planning on building a new computer to better handle converting my blu rays to avi format. I currently use BD Copy to copy the main movie and then use the iso file to convert to avi and then store that on a 4TB hard drive for backup and viewing. Right now it takes about 3 hours to convert the iso file to avi format. I want to be able to do this part of the process as fast as possible.

I am planning on getting a new i7 Haswell processor.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me suggestions on the best components for this computer build?

Is a new i7 Haswell processor the best option for what I am doing?

Thanks.

Yep and use the integrated graphics so you can use Quick Sync. I have an i7 3770 and just converted, out of curiosity, Django BR-iso to avi.h264.audiocopy in just over 16 minutes. The Haswell will be faster than mine.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I have figured out everything I need for the rest of my computer components but I have not decided on a GPU yet. If I go with the Haswell i7 with integrated graphics then I don't need a separate GPU for video compression?

Comment

Not IMHO Intel Quick Sync on that chip should be really quick! If you want to spend a lot of money on an NVIDIA graphics card you might come close.
        Last edited by 90312; 06-27-2013, 05:56 PM. Reason: Fat fingers

Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay. I also want to use the computer for some gaming. Do I need to get a video card for that purpose or will the Haswell i7 be sufficient for that as well?

Comment

Haswell integrated graphics & gaming

Depends on what sort of gaming you want to do, if you're looking to drive multiple hi-res monitors with 3D graphics and all the bells and whistles, then no Haswell's integrated graphics won't cut it. If you're needs are more modest then yes Haswell will be good enough, especially if you buy the top-of-line the Haswell parts. Best thing for you to do would be to build a system where you can add a high-end GPU, but don't buy the GPU until you've decided whether Haswell is good enough for your needs.

Comment

You can have both, Lucid Logic Virtu lets you use integrated for IQS and a discrete card for gaming. Depending on the motherboard it may be included. I ran it for a while and it works well but I don't do any hard core gaming so I just pulled the power off my card and use the HD 4000.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X