Cannot reset DMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Cannot reset DMA

I am using DVDFab 9.0.4.5 (and now upgraded to 9.0.4.7).

Everything was working fine. I got to Disk 2 Season 15 of South Park. The Output and Elapsed Time stay at zero (0). I tried Disk 1 again--same thing.

I read about this problem in many posts. I looked at my controller settings and I have a SATA controller. The DMA was not on. I figured out how to get it on by running in IDE mode. The DMA is now on. I have two Channel 0's and one Channel 1. The first Channel 0 does not appear to have any drives attached. The second Channel 0 has my BlueRay (LG WH12LS39) and a DVD (TS-H353A). Every time I remove the extra Channel 0, the system installs it again.

I added some Registry setting to reset disk errors. I cleaned the Registry.

I am not sure what changed to make DVDFab unresponsive.

I have an HP m7757c running Windows 7.

I ran the VB Script by 90312

I tried to reset the drives to DMA. I got a message stating that there were no resettable ATA channels with Windows Drivers.

Comment

Copy Works

I copied the disk successfully to the hard drive as an ISO file. It took 20 minutes--which is normal for my computer.

However, I could not Rip this file to a compressed format (Apple TV3). The same symptoms. Zero progress after 20 minutes.

Comment

Tried 8229

Ripped the ISO file created above successfully in version 8.2.2.9. Encoding was very fast at 70fps.

Comment

Working...
        X