filename limitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper filename limitations

When ripping dvds, what are the filename limitations?

Just don't use the illegal characters and you can name a file most anything.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Filename limitations

Here is an example of what I'm using "NCIS - S1E20 - Missing" (no quotes), it use to work fine, but now it doesn't. Is a dash no longer acceptable? Now I'm just using NCIS and after it is finished ripping, I rename it and us an avi tag editor to change the title. It's a pain, but I finally get it done the way I want. When you have several hundred to do, it can be nerve racking.

Comment

Filename limitations

When ripping the dvd's with the filename (ex. "NCIS - S1E20 - Missing") that's when I get the error "Work 1 failed, Error = 502.12 5". Also, this error doesn't pop up until it starts to do the second pass. If I tell it to rip with just one pass, it errors right from the start, just a little extra information that I hope will be helpful.

Comment

The hyphen should be fine, I always use the underscore. Try underscore and no spaces to see if that works.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Just to see for myself I tried your file name and it's fine, see below. Post an internal log, it's a different problem.
            Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Filename limitations

It worked fine for me for about 10 dvd's after that, that is when I started getting the error. I then when to my wife's PC and tried it. It was fine for about 10 dvd's, after that, I started getting the same error. I posted in this forum under Work 1 failed, Error = 502.12 5. You can look at my log file there. I don't understand why it works for a while then just stops. Thanks for your help though.

Comment

Are you sure that it is not hardware related like overheating? After 10 transcodes the machine has been doing some heavy lifting.

Also check the logic of the file naming. It's a bit suspicious that it does the same on two machines.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Filename limitations

Well I'm actually ripping from an iso file, but if it can over heat from that I guess it's possible. As long as I keep the filename short, it does fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X