Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Audio out of sync + unable to select quick sync

Hi,
    In version 9.0.4.7 ripping to MP4 the sound is out of sync. (using the default MP4 profile)

Decoding and encoding is set to software.

Version 8 the sound syncs fine.

Also I'm not able to select Quick Sync (I'm allowed to do this in version 8).

Check this post for Quick Sync issue, version 9 seems to be a little stricter when it comes to supporting IQS.

How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

So version 8 allows selection of quick sync even when its software decoding/encoding only while version 9 only allows selection when hardware decoding/encoding is enabled.

Makes sense.

Now that I have quick sync hardware decoding and encoding enabled I'll see if it makes any difference to the audio sync issue.

Comment

Is using Quick Sync hardware but audio is still out of sync.

Comment

Hi,

Please post your log file, thanks!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Logs attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

I noticed that you converted to frame-rate 25,does it same as source?

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

It is the same as source. (Its not a setting I've changed).

I do set the deinterlacing option to on.

And change the framesize to be the same as the original framesize.

Comment

stuffy65 you probably don't need deinterlacing unless the source was recorded on video tape. I would leave it off until needed and you'll know when needed.

What device are you playing back on, there may be other options.

I've tried all morning to make an mp4 and not having much luck myself getting A/V sync.

Albert Einstein

Comment

These are TV DVD's for programmes in the eighties and experience has taught me to have the deinterlacing on for these types of DVD's (this is the complete poirot) as the picture is very bad around objects such as blinds.

The MP4 is out of sync using VLC on PC, Samsung TV using DNLA and a XDIOS media player.

Its fine when ripped with v8.2.2.9 with the same settings (apart from audio is MP3 instead of acc).

The dvd audio is in sync when the dvd is played through vlc.

I have tried ripping from different dvd drives.

I will continue using v8 to rip these dvd's but obviously there is a big speed difference (53 - 55 fps vs 580 - 590 fps) and I would prefer to use the faster version.

Comment

Which profile are you using? I don't see that much difference in the fps. Do you have Intel Quick Sync selected in v8?

Albert Einstein

Comment

8.2.2.9 hums along very nicely with quick sync enabled on an mp4.h264.mp3:
                        Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm using the h264 + mp3 profile in both instances, see attached screen shots. Also both are setup to use Quick Sync encoding.

DVDFab is setup in Virtu before starting ripping and DVDFab says in is using Quick Sync in both instances.

Op system in Windows 8 Pro with media centre (64 bit with 8 gb ram) is this the issue?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Try setting like I have it in the attachment, avoid the AMP app. And when setting it up in Virtu be sure the "I" is ticked so that it uses the integrated graphics.
                            Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Setting the AV codecs as described takes the fps up to 61-62.

I have no "I" setting in Virtu. All I can do is add the programme I wish to use quick sync with.

Comment

Working...
                              X