Subtitles Gone in A Good Day to Die Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Subtitles Gone in A Good Day to Die Hard

I ripped the BD to MKV but subtitles don't work on my TV. The TV does not even show any subtitles available. It works in VLC on my computer. I made the MKV with the subs integrated and separated and then muxed the sub in after. No luck. I also noticed in VLC with them integrated the subs are barely on long enough to read but when I separated and muxed they were there long enough to read 3 times. I tried a couple other MKVs in the TV and subs work fine. Any thoughts?
    Thank You
    Mark
    Attached Files

Does your TV support PGS (Blu-ray) subs in MKV? I have not found many that do.

Did the other MKV's that worked contain PGS subs or SUB/IDX subs.

Inspect the file with MediaInfo and it will tell you.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Ooops

I looked a bit closer. I tried several MKVs with what looks like 4 different types of subs and none of them work on my TV (Samsung 6500). It was the MP4s that have working subs. Mystery solved, my TV doesn't like subs in MKVs.
      Does anyone have a thought on how to make this work?
      Thank You
      Mark

Comment

Yeah, use "BURNT IN" and "FORCED"...

Burnt in actually encodes the subs into the image and will play all the time.

Forced usually will give you subs where a different translation is spoken.

Be warned though... All the studios author some titles differently and sometimes Fab will not pick up the forced subs because of this.

When this happens , (I always copy the title to my hard disk folders first) I open the Rip with Subtitle Edit to ascertain what the studio idiots have done and then work around that.
        Last edited by GregiBoy; 07-12-2013, 10:27 PM.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

A Working Solution

I want to thank you for the replys. It gave me enough thoughts and direction to solve my issue. I could not find Burnt In, but Handbreak can also put the subtext in the video. From all my reading it looks like that is the best compatibility for MKVs if you want the text on. I already use this to compress, so a couple more clicks and I'm there.
          Thanks Again
          Mark

Comment

I want to thank you for the replys. It gave me enough thoughts and direction to solve my issue. I could not find Burnt In,
            "Burnt in" is called the "Direct render to video" in DVDFab.

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Direct render to video ???

I'm using 9.0.4.7 to rip from BD to MKV. I'm using mkv.passthrough for the profile. I found "Remux into file" and "Extract to idx/sub file" under Adv-Settings/Subtiltle. I tried both of these with the same result. I did not find "Direct render to video" anywhere. Is it available using Ripper/mkv.passthrough?
              Thank You
              Mark

Comment

The "Passthrough" modes do not allow "Direct Render".

When you think about it, passthrough implies no transcoding so there is no opportunity to encode the graphics subs into the video stream.

Use a profile like mkv.h264.audiocopy.

Comment

Working...
                X