Hell on Wheels Season 2 @ 1888x1060

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Hell on Wheels Season 2 @ 1888x1060

Is it just me, or are disk 1 and 3 mastered incorrectly, when I rip them, the video is 1888x1060 not 1920x1080. I've tried it on different machines with different software and the result is consistent. Disk 2 is correct with the video being 1920x1080.

If the movie is slightly letterboxed this can be correct as fab doesn't encode the black bars it just wastes space therefor making the resolution what size the picture is without the black bars.The other disks are not slightly letterboxed and the reason their at full resolution.

Comment

I know that

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      If the movie is slightly letterboxed this can be correct as fab doesn't encode the black bars it just wastes space therefor making the resolution what size the picture is without the black bars.The other disks are not slightly letterboxed and the reason their at full resolution.

The point is this was a HD progarm shot in 1080P, but for some reason three of the episodes on disk 1 and both episodes on disk 3 have black borders around the content so that they crop to 1888x1060 rather than 1920x1080. I'm wondering if this is a mastering error or whether there some other reason that this might occur.

Comment

Knowing how bad some of the authoring is out of the studios, I would suspect a mastering error.

A HD download from one of those places that cannot be mentioned shows the same characteristics. (For test purposes only, of course).
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X