New to DVd ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) New to DVd ripper

I am very familiar with dvdfab blu-ray copier. What I would like to know is this. I decided to rip some of my blu-rays to a 500GB drive I just have lying around, so I can then view them on my Smart Tv, What is the best format to rip MPEG or AVI and what is the difference Basically, I would like to know what setting would produce the best results? Thank you

That' pretty subjective, I like MKV best of all of them. Will your TV play MKV?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Im not sure, I guess the only way to find out is to rip a movei in that format.

Comment

Im not sure if my tv supports MKV or not. I guess I will have to try that format and find out. Why do yoou prefer MKV? If I may ask.

Comment

I use mkv.h264.ac3 and can't tell it from the DVD or BR that I rip it from. And I can make one file for both my media player and iPad.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

I suggest it is worth a bit of time trying a few different options for your Smart TV. (They are not really smart you know. They are about 5 years behind the development of dedicated Media Players)

I would start with MKV as suggested and do a few chapters of your favourite titles that you know really well. You don't need to do the full title which can be time-consuming.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X