Jerky transcoded content in version 9.0.5.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Jerky transcoded content in version 9.0.5.5

I have installed 9.0.5.5 to see if I can move to it rather than continue with v8.2.2.7 but unfortunately the DVD ripper component still creates jerky video. In 8.2.2.7 I had the same problem (I am converting UK PAL MPG2 25fps content) and have a test entry that I use to compare the results. In DVD Fab 8.2.2.7 I tried different targets, different settings for those targets (including using the S/W decoder/encoder) and found that the only combination that didn't generate jerky video was
    target: m2ts
    decoder: dxva
    encoder: quick sync
    Nothing else worked. Other tools I have tried do not produce jerky video.
    However I cannot use this combination in 9.0.5.5 any longer. When I try to select dxva for MPG2 decoding it says that I cannot use it to decode MPG2 and the S/W decoder will be used instead. Why has this changed ?

However 9.0.5.5 still won't generate smooth transcoded video not matter how many different combinations I try of targets, settings or decoder/encoder. I don't see this problem with other tools I have used so don't understand why DVDFab cannot achieve smooth video for me whereas other tools can. I want to use DVDFab as it provides excellent subtitle support but currently I cannot.

Can anyone help on this ?
    Best regards
    Dave

I keep falling back to 8.2.2.9 myself.

Try V9 hoping beyond hope its finally working correctly. Find issues such as yours, I go back to V8.

Comment

I've ripped dozens and dozens of my bd movies with ver. 9 and never had a problem with jerky video or sync issues, very curious. Perhaps it's something to do with converting PAL format? (of which I have none)

Comment

Might be related to PAL, but the combination of m2ts/dvxa decode in 8.2.2.7 was the only combination where I could generate my clip that didn't appear to be jerky, so it was possible in dvdfab, albeit a very limited capability.

Anyone know why dvxa decode is not disallowed in v9 for MPG2 ?

Cheers
        Dave

Comment

Working...
        X