Ripping for IPAD3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Ripping for IPAD3

I travel alot for work, so I rip movies to put on my IPAD so I can having something watch in the hotel rooms, other than what the hotel thinks I should watch. My question is, what formats, settings have all of you guys been using that gives good quality video and sound. I have just upgraded to V9 so I was just wondering.

How about trying the iPad3 or iPad3.1080p profile?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Rick, I put this app from VidOn.Me on my iPad3 and make mkv.ac3 for my media player and the same file plays on the iPad. Remux the subtitles and you can turn them on or off as the need arises. The app is free and is a keeper: https://itunes.apple.com/app/vidon.m...581454033?mt=8
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Another Question

Since I have upgraded from DVD8 to DVD9, I have not been able to rip a movie and have it come out right. They all seem to be jerky and audio is out of sync. I had to disable CUDA in order to get DVD9 to even start to rip a movie. I haven't changed anything from 8 to 9 and 8 worked great. Any suggestions other than going back to 8?

Comment

That's the main reason I suggested what I did Rick. With mkv.h264.ac3 that problem goes away.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks 90312! I will try it when I get home. And thanks for answering my questions so quickly. I am pretty new to this forum and so far the responses have been timely and correct. Rest assured I will have more questions as I am really just starting to play around with DVDFab.

Comment

Sure thing, any problems we'll be lurking around somewhere.

Albert Einstein

Comment

And I would always suggest keeping older versions such as 8. (I have V5, V6, V7, V8 & V9 installed).

It takes up little space and all the versions happily co-exist.

This means you can always go back to a version that you know works.

Originally posted by rickh606 View Post
                Since I have upgraded from DVD8 to DVD9, I have not been able to rip a movie and have it come out right. They all seem to be jerky and audio is out of sync. I had to disable CUDA in order to get DVD9 to even start to rip a movie. I haven't changed anything from 8 to 9 and 8 worked great. Any suggestions other than going back to 8?
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                X