I need help on MKV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) I need help on MKV

I'm noticing Blu-Ray players such as Samsung support the MKV format. While I understand how to shrink a BD50 disc to BD25 as an iso. I don't quite understand how to rip a movie to MKV, while keeping it a ISO to burn.

Any help would be great.

Use the ripper module and select the iso as the source and make the mkv. Make the iso first if you want one and then use it as the source in ripper and have both.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

What I was wondering is how do I burn the MKV? I'm confused and I'm very sorry. All I ever done with DVDFAB was use the Main Movie, select Output as BD25, took the new ISO and burned it with IMGBURN.

How do I take the disc/iso, rip it into 1 file. (movie only) as the MKV and burn it for my Samsung player to read it?

When I tried this a year back, I had more than one file.

Comment

You must use "Ripper" to do this. Click on the profile bar down at the bottom, click the format tab and select mkv from the list on the left.

Albert Einstein

Comment

And you will need a data burning program such as Nero to burn the MKV file to your disk.

Most drives come with some such software.

Or if your player has a USB port, you could just copy it to a USB stick.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

This is what I was wondering. I figured out how to make it a MKV file.

If I burn the MKV to a disc and get a Samsung Blu-Ray that can play MKV. Will the player read the disc with the MKV movie? Or do I have to use a USB Drive?

I really do appreciate the help

Comment

I wouldn't even consider buying a Blu-Ray player these days.

Buy a media player something like this. There are plenty on the market and lots of forum members have gone this way:-

Then say goodbye to burning, Cinivia protection, etc.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'll look into this. When you make your MKV, do you keep your size of the main movie? (25) or do you strip it to 8 gb?

Comment

Here is the one I have, you can forget Cinavia and burning discs. I have no complaints.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                    Here is the one I have, you can forget Cinavia and burning discs. I have no complaints.

http://www.amazon.com/Media-Center-G.../dp/B005M1QP7O
                    Thanks for the help guys. I sorta regret buying disc now. lol

I'll save those for the kids, since their PS3 is slowly eating away the disc.

Comment

I hate to ask another question, but how do I keep the MKV at 1080p? When I was in the advanced settings, it didn't want to give that resolution.

Comment

What profile were you using? Was it giving you 1920 horizontal?

If so, that is because of the letterbox (black bar top & bottom) cropping, don't worry too much about the vertical.

Comment

I'll have to check some other time. It says it's 1080p, this is my first time fiddling with this. I usually just went to main move, 25gb and iso. This is all new to me.

Comment

A good free utility to download to inspect the files you make is MediaInfo. Google is your friend.

Comment

There's a reason why I came here man. I've had issues with MKV files for years now. I'm going to try something in a few minutes after the rip. This part of the tech world, I don't know much about. If you asked me how to rip games, movies (iso), build computers and etc. I can help you and have a vast knowledge.

When it comes to 4800kb and etc for audio. That I don't know much about.

I gave up on MKV's because at the time the 360 wouldn't play them, unless you did something to the console. The PS3 wouldn't play MKV, you had to convert them to VOB. That's why I'm new to MKV's. I just recently found out about other brands playing MKV's. I thought ALL players couldn't play the format.

Comment

Working...
                              X