Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8010) Available Ripping Profile, or Need to Make Custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8010) Available Ripping Profile, or Need to Make Custom?

Hi all!
    First, I know this is my first post, but I have been using DVDFab for years and have loved it! Thank God for the new 9.0.5.5, because all previous versions of 9 have taken absolutely foooorrrrever to load! Lol!

Anyway, on with my question:
    I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 (version GT-N8010) and there isn't a profile for that in 9.0.5.5 to rip to. I've been trying to come up with the best configuration that will work on the 1280x800 resolution and decent audio without subtitles unless they are speaking in anything other than English.

On a side note, is there also a way to make the file titles automatically just use the name encoded on the disc without all the extra garbage on the end?

I know I'm asking a lot, but just like a lot of other people here, I travel a lot for work and it would be mighty helpful

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried the Note II profile?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Have you tried the Note II profile?
      Isn't that just for the smart phone? That only has the 1280 x 720 display.

Comment

Yeah, your extra 80 pixels are totally useless anyhow for media files.

16:9 aspect ratio which most TV shows are authored at results in a 1280 x 720 pixel screen resolution which will give you 40 pixel black bands top and bottom (letterboxing).

A lot of movies float around the 1:2.35 aspect ratio which will give you 1280 x 544 screen res with larger letterboxing.

So long as you stick with the native 1280 width, you should be good.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

And the file naming convention is in "Settings"->"Conversion".

Be careful though. A lot of older DVD's were only labelled "DVD_VIDEO" and you will end up overwriting any previous rips.

Comment

I do not have the Note ,but I do have the Samsung Tab 2 10.1 and I hyave down loaded movies to it. I put the movie in my Computer and have the Samsung hooked up and down load the movie from the computer drive to the Tab and all it does is make a file on your tablet.

Hope this helped.

Comment

Working...
            X