'Software mode" infinite loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 'Software mode" infinite loop

When I try to have the BD Ripper do two-pass processing of the disc, I get the error message:

"Cannot turn on high quality encoding under CUDA or Inter Quick Sync mode, switch to Software mode now"?

If I say yes and continue with two-pass, the system eventually goes into an infinite loop, sometimes hanging the entire computer. It doesn't happen immediately; my best guess is that it happens when it starts the second pass.

If, instead, I keep things at one pass, the disc is processed to completion, although of course the resulting file isn't quite as good.

This is a long-standing bug; many versions of the product have had it, and I think it includes DVD processing, not just BD.

d/

Need more information on what you're doing? DVDFab version, profile used, movie title and internal log on a failed attempt. Help us help you. I've tried a couple short subjects for PS3 and set to software prior to encoding and it worked well. I never use two pass, IMHO it is a waste of time.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Niner,

I total agree with you on the 2 pass.

I gave it away years ago after stringent, objective testing, but then, I'm not a "Pixel Peeper".
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        Need more information on what you're doing? DVDFab version, profile used, movie title and internal log on a failed attempt.
        Current version is 9.0.5.5, but the problem has existed a long time, with multiple versions of DVDFab, going back several years.

And so it's been a problem for many different movies over the years.

DVDFab has randomly worked properly for two-pass, in some years past, but never recently and I could never figure out what conditions would cause it to work. For example, if it worked once for a movie, it wouldn't work again. I tried many test scenarios including uninstal/re-install, etc., etc.

And it's been for several versions of MS Windows. Currently v7 pro 64-bit w/ SP1.

And it's been for multiple hardware platforms. Current one is: Lenovo X220 Intel i7-2620M w/4GB RAM. Viedeo Card: Intel HD Graphics 3000.

d/

Comment

Working...
        X