No announcement yet.

Why 2 versions of the same video file on some Blu Ray disc's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Why 2 versions of the same video file on some Blu Ray disc's

I have been trying to rip my Blu Ray collection, but noticing that many of my Blu Ray discs have the same video files twice. For example... on the Ultimate Jordan Blu Ray set. I am looking at disc 2. I see 8 video files titled 0 through 8. Then I have video files 1000 through 1008. Title 0 is 16 seconds long and so is title 1000. Title 1 is 42 seconds long and so is title 1001. Title 8 is 2 hours, 20 minutes and 53 seconds. That is the same as title 1008. All of the videos on the discs are duplicated. I noticed this with other movie discs. The files must be different somehow, but they look the same. If I play them, they seem the same. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Greg27 View Post
    I have been trying to rip my Blu Ray collection, but noticing that many of my Blu Ray discs have the same video files twice. For example... on the Ultimate Jordan Blu Ray set. I am looking at disc 2. I see 8 video files titled 0 through 8. Then I have video files 1000 through 1008. Title 0 is 16 seconds long and so is title 1000. Title 1 is 42 seconds long and so is title 1001. Title 8 is 2 hours, 20 minutes and 53 seconds. That is the same as title 1008. All of the videos on the discs are duplicated. I noticed this with other movie discs. The files must be different somehow, but they look the same. If I play them, they seem the same. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    I've been wondering that myself with the same "duplicate" movie on many blu-ray discs I've ripped to mkv. At first I began ripping both, labeling them "Feature One" and "...Two". The only thing I can guess at is that the second set has a different angle...? Would love someone who actually knows provide an answer.

Comment

Sometimes but not often their for different angles,directors commentary,extra's, trailers, unrated version of the movie,one in 3d one not, and too fool copying programs if the same run time.Some will have parts of the movie out of order.

Comment

Some Blu-rays also has Picture-in-Picture option, not meny, but they are out there.
        In such a case, the first listed that DVDFab automatically chooses for you as being the main feature, is usually just the untouched movie, while the non chosen one further down the list, is the Picture-in-Picture optional choise.
        Basicly what happens is, that there is a smaler sized M2TS file, maybe of about 7-800MB in size with a pixel size of maybe 720x480, that is added on top of the 1080p image of the main feature.
        In that smaler screen, the director, crew and actors then explain how they did this and that in the scenes you are currently watching. It might also contain storyboards and other stuff that explains how.

Comment

Working...
        X