Create 1:1 bit-perfect lossless 3D movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Create 1:1 bit-perfect lossless 3D movie

I'm trying to figure out how to create a 1 to 1 perfect clone and not lose bits for a 3d Movie. I know if you just have a strait 2D Bluray movie you just use M2TS.passthrough but there is no passthrough for 3D. Also when I rip a 3D movie it comes out at 8.5Gigs and side by side. If I play the original disk the movie is 33Gig and shows up blurred until I put on my glasses and my TV 3D setting is auto. When I play the ripped movie it is side by side and clear, and I have to choose side by side on my 3D TV then put on my glasses. Not sure if it is any better/worse to go with side by side or up/down, or is the original auto better? Any suggestions would help. Thanks

If you want a 3d movie copy bit by bit use clone mode in blu ray copy then you get a exact copy minus the copy protection no compression.

Comment

That is great for entire Disk

Thanks for your reply. What you are describing gives me an exact copy of the disc. I just want to get an exact copy of the movie only, using m2ts or mkv only without all the extras that come with the disc. Like I said my 3d movies on original disc show around 33gigs and some show 24gig movie size only. I just want the exact size movie. I have a 3D player that plays m2ts or mkv files and I can put them on a thumb drive. If I burn the entire disc to my thumb drive, it looks exactly like the disc with all the files etc but my player doesn't recognize the thumb drive if it has directories on it, it only wants to see mkv and m2ts files. I can use ripper and get the movie as mkv or m2ts, but it shows up as around 8gig and doesn't look as clear as the original disc.

Comment

In ripper you have choices to how large the file is (output size) and bit rate size.You can use the presets- normal quality,high, quality and customized that lets you set the bit rate and file size.Try it with high quality first and you will see a much better quality and larger file sizes.You can turn the bit rate and output size up in customized and even make a custom default but high quality should do the trick making a great looking m2ts file for a large screen.

To get their hit ripper-advanced settings-video (on top bar) on the right side of page is video quality you can adjust their from normal,high quality or custom the bits per pixel come active (sliding bar) when you have custom setting selected.I use the 3d audio copy normal profile so the soundtrack stays the same as in the movie.

You can set it all the way up but if you do it will produce a really large file try high quality first i think you will be happy with that then Fab controls the output size and bits per pixel to a high setting to make the video look real good.Of-cause this will be for a side by side m2ts file main movie.

You can make a 50 gig main movie only full 3d or a compressed 25 gig main movie only full 3d but they won't be one large m2ts file only ripper can do that and it can't do it in full 3d main movie to 1 large m2ts because 3d uses 2 or more streams of information at the same time.
        Last edited by glenns; 08-26-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Above post should have said to use blu ray 3d ripper not blu ray ripper.The profile i use is m2ts 3d audio copy normal.

Comment

Looks a lot better

I tried the high quality as you said and it does look better. I even ripped the movie at 24gig and it looks great. Only problem is, it took 8 hours to rip at about 80% CPU, and I have a fast PC. One other thing. I heard that side by side or top/bottom doesn't show 3D as well as when you show the 2 streams (original 3D Bluray). From the same person, he said it takes away from the "out of screen" 3D effect. Have you heard anything about that?
            Thanks for the Info.

Comment

If you are wanting the best 3D effect with pretty good quality, just choose high quality but with the "Two Separate Files" option in the 3D options section. You'll need Stereoscopic Player or Nvidea Video Player to play it back though. This for me is the best quality 3D with moderate file sizes. If you are after quality avoid the over and under and side by side options and go for the two separate video streams.

Cheers

Comment

Side by side 3d is 1080 in one eye and about half resolution in the other depending if the movie is letterboxed or not it can be less resolution.

I don't see the pop out effects being any different even on a 60 inch 3d tv.I have most of the 3d movies and make mine side by side 8-10 gigs using m2ts 3d audio copy so the sound track stays high def.

I do this to keep hundreds of movies on a 3t hard drive to play on my 3d media player.I am not saying their overall clearer than full 3d 25 gig which is better as it keeps 1080 in both eyes but uses a lot more room on your hard drive.

Some movies deserve 50gig or 25 gig storage so i do keep some at those sizes but the average 3d movie i reduce to side by side and most people can't tell the difference because the way your brain but together the two files it looks darn good.

The 50-25 gig full 3d keeps all the information just compressed and looks very good.When you get a long 3-4 hour movie keep it in 50 gig form if you want the best picture.

Comment

Working...
                X