Best quality Rips, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Best quality Rips, need help

I want to put my entire DVD and BD collection onto an external hard drive. Im trying to achieve a 1:1 rip that i can play from the USB port in my samsung plasma. What is my best setting options for Video and audio. Thanks

Firstly you need to see what your TV will play (avi, mkv: H264, Xvid: AC3, DTS, AAC) and what format your hard disk needs to be (FAT32 will only allow files <~4Gb)

If it's an older plasma, your choices may be limited. You need to do some research on the TV and some testing first.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

the tv is a samsung PN59D8000 from last year so im assuming it'll play most if not all. I just tested MP4 looked great file size was a little over 800MB should I stay with this or is there a better setting

Comment

Disc has already been formatted to FAT32

Comment

OK. The FAT32 constraint means that you cannot use any of the PASSTHROUGH modes which would give you 1:1 as you asked for as the files would be too large.

Do not ASSUME anything with TV's. The built-in player firmware is usually 2-3 generations behind what is available on dedicated media players.

I would be testing the mkv.h264.audiocopy profile for a start as it is the most flexible.

ASSUME = Make an ASS out of YOU and ME!!!
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X