This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to Apple TV

I am new to the dvd to mobile and started converting a few titles for my apple tv. I left everything alone and just chose apple tv from the sidebar and checked the force subpicture...after converting a few titles I noticed all are in stereo even though I had checked Dolby Prologic II in the edit pane and almost all are cropped and/or zoomed disproportionally. The cropping issue may be a zooming issue, I don't know. Austin Powers was not cropped but the picture was 2/3 of my TV's display area. I tried setting the resolution to 740 x 400 but could not see that in the advanced resolution setting pane. What am I doing wrong?
    I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with setting that would work with appletv.
    Cheers,

As a new member with only one post, welcome to this forum.

You may have not yet read the "Forum Rules". Please take the time to do so and ensure that you comply with them.

Also ensure that you use common courtesy whilst on this forum and that means not hijacking someone else's thread.

Your post doesn't have enough meaningful information for us to be able to assist you. Please take the time to read the "Help Us Help You" threads which are linked in my signature below and come back and provide the required information.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

My apologies...since my problems were similar I figured I ask the same question in the same thread. I've been a member of other forums and rules seem to be very similar among many of them. I've been a dvdfab user for many years and just started using its dvd to mobile option and I used your best practices before ripping dvds and spent great amount of time reading different posts to see if there is any specific info on my issue.

Nevertheless, I will read your suggestions and will post the required info so I can get specific help. Meanwhile, I tried XXXX and it took care of the issues dvdfab left the user to figure out on his own!
      Cheers,
      Last edited by GregiBoy; 12-28-2009, 07:19 PM. Reason: Software reference not allowed

Comment

I am using version 6.1.2.5 October 27 release, there were no error messages. The conversion took place free of errors and the following information is pertinent to my conversions:

The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed:
        I used the default profile for apple tv selected from the dvd to mobile

Whether this happens with all titles or just one:
        All titles were converted with stereo sound instead of DD5.1 and only handful were re-sized, i.e. Austin Powers (1, 2, and 3)

Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
        XP Pro/Intel Core Duo/2GB

If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.
        Reference to other software disallowed

I assume you know what the default apple tv settings are, otherwise I can post those in a prt scr format as a picture. I appreciate any help you can provide.
        Cheers,
        Last edited by GregiBoy; 12-28-2009, 07:29 PM. Reason: Removal of software reference

Comment

I'm wondering, you guys ask if other dvd bd software installed, are you looking for a yes/no answer or what software?

Comment

Can somebody post their dvd to mobile apple tv settings to get around the picture size and stereo sound?

Comment

Originally posted by 4i2FLY View Post
              I'm wondering, you guys ask if other dvd bd software installed, are you looking for a yes/no answer or what software?
              That a good question and might be edited as other programs do not interfere with DVDFab but packet writing software does interfere with burning and some other programs use packet writing

Comment

Working...
              X