Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Need advice on which DVDFab I need

Hi all,

I've been trying DVDFab 9 to see if it meets my needs.

Here's my goal and my process.

I need to end up with a 3D Bluray side-by-side in an mkv container with HD audio in as good a quality as possible. I will not be burning anything and size of rip is not an issue.

I will be ripping the full disk with other software in ISO format, removing protection, to the hard drive. I then need to apply DVDFab to the ISO to end up with what I want. I do not need DVDFab to perform any other function. I own other software and MakeMKV, use them, and have the process down for all other types of optical media.

Questions:
    I can't tell if there are multiple different DVDFab programs or if DVDFab is a single program that performs multiple different tasks. What flavor of DVDFab do I need.

I can't get the output I'm looking for. I don't understand the settings I need to check. Could someone, step-by-step, explain to me what and where do I need to set in order to get my output. I've seen the tutorial, but that seems to show an earlier version of DVDFab that doesn't match the trial I'm using and isn't specific with my needs. Remember, I'm starting with a ripped ISO on the hard drive.

Thanks.
    Last edited by CBR929; 09-09-2013, 03:51 PM. Reason: Forum rules

Bd ripper
    You wont be able much tech support since you use other software to make iso
    you can use dvdfab trials look @ mkv 3d profiles
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

I'm not sure I understand your post.

You seem to be indicating that BD ripper will accomplish what I need. Got that.

Nobody here is going to help me turn an iso into a 3d SBS w/ HD audio because I didn't rip the original disk w/ DVDFab? Even if I buy DVDfab? Even if I need DVDFab? That can't be right.

As far as the process for accomplishing my goal, I will need more help than that. I need help with specific buttons and specific settings because it is not intuitive and what I've tried hasn't worked.

If I don't get help on this, I won't be able to buy DVDFab and will have to look to other options. If however, I do get help and can successfully accomplish my goal, I will absolutely be buying DVDFab

Comment

How to make a side by side 3d movie from a regular 3d blu ray using Fab version 9

Use blu ray copy to make a iso copy from store brought disk to hard drive.Then open blu ray ripper
        load iso movie in ripper you can drag the movie into ripper.
        click profile box (lower left corner)
        click 3d format (upper bars)
        click 3D MKV H264 audio copy to keep the HD soundtrack (left side)
        Were going to double click the (3d h264 mkv audio copy normal profile).
        Now click on advanced settings
        under video (top bar)
        Under video quality make your choice, high quality for bigger more detailed file's, normal file for medium size file's and small for the same.You can also fool around with custom size and adjust the bit rate and file size yourself.

P.S.I use the 3d m2ts audio copy profile as it has more support for playback devices and the 3d MKV profile has it's share of bugs it it.

Now click on 3d (top bar) look to the left side both split screen and left & right side by side should be checked the circle should be green.
        click ok
        click start and your good to go.Their are other ways and choices to make to do this but this should give you a good starting point.

If you look at the preview the movie should be playing frame by frame and you should see 2 pictures side by side playing in the preview box this is correct and will play in 3d when your done.The TV must then be put in 3d mode side by side to view this file or disk in 3d.Your viewing device has to be able to play 3dmkv side by side.

If you make the file smaller to fit a dvd 9- 8.5 gig disk or dvd 5 disk most newer regular non 3d dvd players will play these data file disks no need for a 3d blu ray player unless you make the file on a blu ray disks.File size is what tells you what size disk to record these on and what kind of player you will need.

You will always need a 3d TV to view these that can do side by side 3d most can.Viewing on a non 3d tv or a 3d tv until you put it in 3d side by side mode will result in two side by side pictures.The TV put's them together to make a 3d picture.
        Last edited by glenns; 09-09-2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Have you tried the trial to see if it will work with your iso? I don't want to put words in Jon's mouth but some programs do weird things and make non-standard files. DVDFab offers a trial period and you should try to make a 3D MKV with an iso made with your other software to see if there is a problem before buying. If downloading the iso from a bit torrent site there is no help available.
          Last edited by 90312; 09-09-2013, 07:50 PM.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks very much for those great directions. It is now processing the file. Hopefully I end up with a 3D SBS MKV w/ hd audio. I believe I will.

Note: Yes I have the necessary TV and I will be playing the movie back with MPC-HC which I've already verified will play back this mkv in 3D. And yes, I do have to manually place the TV into 3d SBS mode but it's an LG 7600 passive set so SBS is all I'm going to get anyway.

Just so I'm clear, if I buy DVDFab Blu-ray ripper (3d plus) $60, then I can do this?

Comment

This is what the trial period is for please test Fab so your sure it works for you as their is no refunds after you buy the program.

I make my side by sides with the 3d m2ts audio copy profile as it's supported by more playback devices,has a larger frame size so it looks better on really big screens and theirs no problems with audio sync. Others like mkv because they can be used with helper programs to adjust subtitles and they compact more because of the smaller frame size so try both.

Check your audio and make sure it plays well from start to end of the movie to make sure the profile is working ok.Let us know how you make out.

I was told with a passive tv that over and under has more resolution than side by side.You can try both to see for yourself as fab can also do over and under 3d.You can research this on the internet to find out if this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                This is what the trial period is for please test Fab so your sure it works for you as their is no refunds after you buy the program.
                That's what I'm confused about. I downloaded for trial DVDFab 9060. Once installed, I opened it and it listed a series of programs in Trial mode. One of these was DVDFab Ripper (3d plus). I'm not exactly sure which programs I'm actually using but it seems like I have trial access to many programs.

If I buy and download DVFab ripper (3d plus) $60 is that the exact program I'm using for trial or is that only part of the program I'm using under trial.

If DVDFab ripper (3d plus) is the exact program I'm currently using under trial, then no problem. If purchased DVDFab ripper (3d plus) is a stripped down version of the program I'm currently using under trial, then I need to specifically understand those differences.

Comment

I'm also confused about the licensing agreement. It seems you can buy subscriptions for various time frames. What does the length of the time frame mean? After the time frame expires,
                  1) I will no longer be able to rip BRD containing new copy protection schemes because those codes will no longer be updated, or,
                  2) I will not be able to use the program anymore?

Comment

If you buy the BR ripper that's all that will work at the end of the trial, but you'll always have all the modules they don't download separately. If you buy a 1 year subscription you'll have to renew at the end of that year.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      If you buy the BR ripper that's all that will work at the end of the trial, but you'll always have all the modules they don't download separately.
                      I assume what you're saying is that the trial is a suite of products whereas buying DVDFab ripper (3d plus) is only a single module. If that is so, can someone confirm that what I want to do only requires the DVDFab ripper (3d plus) and none of the other modules that will expire.

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                      If you buy a 1 year subscription you'll have to renew at the end of that year.
                      I assume that to use this product at all (whether ripping copy protection or not) I will have to renew the subscription after 1 year. In other words, the program will stop working completely after 1 year?

Comment

I've dug into the renewal terms for DVDFab and found this statement:

" If you won't pay the renewal fee, you can still use the old version of DVDFab on your computer. "

Since I will not be using DVDFab to remove copy protection, it sure seems like I can use DVDFab ripper (3d plus) forever if I just use it for conversion. Of course, I won't be able to update the software after the license expires but that seems fine.

Comment

You can buy the 3d ripper for life or for a year most of us get it for life then you don't have to renew every year.

If it works with your other program then that's all you need but we don't know that it will work with your other program.

You must use the trial time to see if it works Fab cannot help you if your other program doesn't work with Fab.We always recommend ripping and converting with Fab for the whole process.

Fab has a auto logger that records each step you take so that we can refer to if their is any problems with the making of iso or the ripper convert.With you making the rip to hard drive with another program their is no way of telling what format the other ripper will use to make files and we just don't know if it will work for all disks now or in the future so we highly recommend buying the Fab iso maker and the ripper to do everything.

Their will be support only for Fabs own programs here and forum rules prevents us from talking about competing products so if your rip is bad or won't work with Fab we can't help you.This should clear things up i hope.

Comment

jon's mouth but some programs do weird things and make non-standard files.
                            Yes exactly what iment if fab wont open iso not much anyone can do here

Originally posted by rbmcgee View Post
                            I've dug into the renewal terms for DVDFab and found this statement:

" If you won't pay the renewal fee, you can still use the old version of DVDFab on your computer. "

Since I will not be using DVDFab to remove copy protection, it sure seems like I can use DVDFab ripper (3d plus) forever if I just use it for conversion. Of course, I won't be able to update the software after the license expires but that seems fine.
                            You will always need updates i wish one version worked for all

Sryy for late response been playing warframe all day :-)
                            ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Working...
                            X