X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia N900 profile

Hello,
    can someone help me to build a Nokia N900 profile?

thanks
    pd

You need to put in some effort here yourself and post the specs of what this device will play first.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      You need to put in some effort here yourself and post the specs of what this device will play first.
      Truly spoken that is my problem! Due to that the N900 is just released it's difficult to find concrete specs.

Hardware:
      ARM® Cortex™-A8 superscalar microprocessor core
      * IVA2+ accellerator can encode/decode (MPEG4, H264, Windows Media Video, RealVideo etc.) at DVD resolutions.
      * vector floating-point acceleration,
      * dedicated 2D/3D graphics hardware accelerator
      * Integrated POWERVR SGX™ graphics core with OpenGL ES® 2.0 and OpenVG™, support.
      * Composite and S-video TV output
      * XGA (1024x768 pixels), 16M-color (24-bit definition) display support

Display: 800*480

... and here starts the discussion:

1.) We need a profile for internal view(limited to display resolution)
      2.) We need a profile for external view

Internal view(800*480)
      DVD-Source is normally 720*576. And now? Upscaling? Downsizing? Aspect-Ratio? Video Bitrate?

If i read five blogs i get 5 opinions. So i thought maybe the experts of DVDFAB can make a recommendation!

thx
      pd

Comment

OK... I'd try the profile that I have already posted in the "New Profiles" thread for the HTC Touch HD which has similar specs and don't forget to read my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread.

The size issue should take care of itself as it is greater than normal DVD output and I always have crop disabled and then the aspect ratio is always correctly maintained with black letterboxing bars hard coded. These add very little to the file size.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          OK... I'd try the profile HTC Touch HD
          Thx for fast response. I checked the HTC HD profile. I guess the wmv codec is not the optimized solution for a linux based system. I would prefer mp4. The sample videos included(n900) are also in mp4. How do i have to change it?

Comment

There is a document in the C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6\Profiles\Readme directory where all the parameters are discussed.

Comment

Also there is a Droid profile there which may be very close to what you want.

Comment

Working...
              X