DVDFab 9.0.6.8 Beta - File Naming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVDFab 9.0.6.8 Beta - File Naming

I thought the change in interface looked good, until I started ripping some .ISO files from the hard disk as MKV passthru files.

In older versions, you dragged and dropped a file into the window and if it was a series, the various episodes appeared in the window

anyseries title1
    anyseries title2
    anyseries titlw3

You checked the boxes next to the ones you want and the output files were
    anyseries.title1.MKV, anyseries.title2.MKV, anyseries.title2.MKV

In the latest beta you get anyseries title1, then a + sign below it for the extra titles you click it and you get.

You click the boxes next to each one and rather than the output you would want, as well as expect. You get in your output folder:
    anyseries.title1.MKV, 2.MKV, 3.MKV, 4.MKV

This is totally useless, firstly if you move a file to a device, you have 3.MKV, of you move a file from a different series, you might also be moving another 3.MKV, one overwrites the other.

If you have a media server, it plays havoc with the file naming when it gets names from the internet

In your media server, if you chose a file view, rather than a folder view in your media server, you get a weird result as there are many duplicate 4.MKV, 3.MKV, 2.MKV etc.., so not all different series are shown.

Please can you change this back to how it used to be, the interface is fine, it's just the eventual file names need to be <volume>.<title> for all titles

So in my directories I get: anyseries.title1, anyseries.title2,anyseries.title3

Or if you think people really want how it is currently in the beta, make it an option to have it the old way.

See if this helps you: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php...33&postcount=5
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Thanks, I was actually aware that you could do that, but why would I want to. it was perfect the way it named things before. I don't want to have to right click 6 episodes and then paste the title in each time. Especially I'm MKV ing say 4 disks of 6 episodes. Thats 24 times, then when I do season 2 and 3....

I do the conversions simply to be able to watch them on the LG TV using PLEX, which does get confused without proper titles.

Comment

Suit yourself my friend.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Suit yourself my friend.
          Perhaps wrongly, my perception is, you feel that I'm choosing not to solve my problem and that it's actually fine the way it is now?

It didn't work this way before the beta, it was perfect, why should I now have to manually go in a rename stuff when I didn't have to before....Filenames that are no longer unique is surely not good practice?

I'm hoping this is a bug and not intentional.

Comment

Not at all, you can wait and see if it changed in an update.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Not at all, you can wait and see if it changed in an update.
              I'm still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by davecuk View Post

Please can you change this back to how it used to be, the interface is fine, it's just the eventual file names need to be <volume>.<title> for all titles
                Hi, davecuk

The problem has been modified,You will see in a later version.
                Attached Files

Comment

Xcellent, thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X