Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Oddity between V8 and V9

Hi,

I posted this in the General section, but no one answered, so I thought I might try this slightly more specific area. Thanks!

I am not super technical, but have discovered an odd occurrence with version 9. I have been ripping my DVD collection into MP4's (with aac audio) Most of my collection was done with version 8. When I finally upgraded to version 9 and continued to do Mp4 with aac audio I wasn't noticing any difference initially. Now I have discovered that anything that has been ripped with version 9 will not playback the audio when I try to stream it using XBMC over my gigabit network on a Blu Ray Player. Anything ripped with Version 8 plays fine, so I'm a little confused why version 9 has this hiccup? It plays back fine on a PC or if I download it to a tablet, only if I try to stream it via XBMC I get an error message that the Audio is not supported. I usually do the native audio (usually 5.1) at 256kbps which is fine on all the other devices. File size doesn't seem to matter either, I've done full length movies as well as 30 min shows that I have and they all have the problem with V 9 only. Any ideas?
Working...
X