File Name vs Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper File Name vs Title

In version 9.0.5.5 of DVDfab, when setting up a rip, one could designate both a file name and a movie title for each task by clicking on the "advanced settings" button. In order to keep them organized on the hard drive, the file name needs to fit one convention, but the title (which appears the moment you start playing the file on VLC) can be different - for example, leaving "the" off a file name so it alphabetizes correctly, but including it in the title so it looks right - or abbreviating a TV series name in the file name (PotA), but leaving it fully spelled out in the title (Planet of the Apes).

Now, the advanced settings are all handled on a single page and the whole section associated with file information is removed. The title is set in the main ripper window now, and I don't see any place to designate a file name. Is that title the actual video TITLE or is it the file name, or both? And is there any way to set the title as one thing and the file name as something else or do I have to code it with the correct title and then rename the file as soon as it's done? If not, do I have to revert my install back to 9.0.5.5 to get this feature back or will it be restored in a future update?

[edit] Referring specifically to version 9.0.7.0
    Last edited by Toccatta; 10-09-2013, 04:18 PM.

I agree to bring back a place to designate a file name, like before release 9.7.0

Comment

Designate a file name

Originally posted by Toccatta View Post
      and I don't see any place to designate a file name.
      Hi,Toccatta

Specify the file name as shown below, Title name and file name will be consistent.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lixichen View Post
        Hi,Toccatta

Specify the file name as shown below, Title name and file name will be consistent.
        Apparently, someone is under the false impression that the terms "title" (which is metadata information stored within the file itself) and "file name" are interchangeable. They are not. Previous versions had the ability to set the file name to one value and the metadata "title" information to something different.

Please restore that ability. There was no valid reason to remove it in the first place.

If you re-read my question, you'll see that I already know where to set the title. I'm looking for a different place to set a different piece of information.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Toccatta; 10-10-2013, 03:47 AM. Reason: image to show the distinction between the two

Comment

Working...
        X