Problem Ripping Blu-ray Hellboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Problem Ripping Blu-ray Hellboy

Having problems with the "Hellboy" blu-ray. As DVDfab loads the disc, I get a reading/writing error control pop-up window when DVDfab tries to read the title information. If I click the "x" button (top right red button on pop-up), the main title for the disc and other titles are displayed. I am able to play the main title within DVDfab (preview screen on the right). However, if I try to rip, I continue to get read errors. It sits at 1% completion and no farther.

System Information:
    Running DVDfab 9.0.7.2
    Dell Inspiron (I17RN), Windows8 (64-bit), 8GB Memory, Intel i5 2.5GHz CPU, Hitachi DVD-RW (HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT50N), Intel Video (Intel HD Graphics 3000), external USB Samsung Blu-ray drive (TSSTcorp BDDVDW SE-506BB)

Log file attached.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NewtyInNY; 10-19-2013, 08:58 PM. Reason: adding DVDfab version

Read errors are mostly caused by dirty or scratched disks sometimes dirt on the laser lens so if you clean the disk well make sure theirs no finger prints then try again if the read errors keep coming up in the same spot then your disk is likely scratched and if you can't buff them out your not going to be able to copy it.

Comment

I thought of that but the disc plays in several blu-ray players without incident. Are drives intended for use with computers more prone to disc defects than those used in A/V packaging?

Comment

Short answer is yes. The fact it plays in a player is meaningless.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X