No announcement yet.

9.1.0.6 - Half-AVI size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 9.1.0.6 - Half-AVI size?

Ok, here's the deal:

I've been working on backing up my blu-ray disks for Star Wars (the complete saga set, movies only), and I've managed to make ISO's for these so I do not scratch up the disks further.

So far, so good. It's when I try to convert the movies alone to the .AVI format that gets me stumped. Let me explain...

I setup the parameters for the rip like this:
    AVI container (2gb- is UNCHECKED)
    Codec: DivX (changing this did nothing, XviD did something similar)
    Resolution: 640x272
    Encoding Method: 1-pass fast or 2-pass high quality encoding (in this case it didn't matter what method)
    Video quality: Customized (set with Bitrate 3000, bits/pixel about 0.72)
    Frame Rate: Same as source
    No split
    Audio: MP3, 48000 Hz sample rate, Bitrate 192 kbps, 100 percent volume, Dolby Pro-Logic II channels
    Subtitle: (forced only) Direct render to video

Now, all of this gives me a projected filesize of about 3 GB, which is what I was shooting for. HOWEVER, this is not the file size I got.

Running the blu-ray rip process with the above parameters only gave me a resulting AVI file about half size what I was expecting. Changing a couple of the parameters above did little to nothing to get the filesize I wanted.

(Using the physical disk itself did nothing either!)

Was there some settings that I missed somewhere? Would having the wrong sound set (DTS HD Master/6.1 in this case) had messed things up somehow?
    How can I get the desired result that I wanted?

I would appreciate any help in trying to resolve this problem.

Try a larger frame resolution, 640x272 is pretty small and with cropping there is a ton of black not being processed on a 2.35 movie.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Try a larger frame resolution, 640x272 is pretty small and with cropping there is a ton of black not being processed on a 2.35 movie.
      Hmm, while that worked quite a bit and brought it up most of the way (using 960x408, roughly 50% bigger making the result about 2.4 GB in size as opposed to the 1.5 or so it was before), is there another way to bring it up closer to what I'm seeking outside resolution increase, like bitrate or some other manner?

I rather enjoy watching AVI's at roughly 200 percent-size and would rather not see it spill off-screen so-to-speak (my monitor is capable of no more than 1920x1080).

Comment

Having the same problem ... (on 9108 now...)

setting the parameters to xvid/divx with original resolution, projected filesize ist around 7Gb.
        The result is only 1.3Gb and has a terrible quality!

2nd flaw: the audio (ac3 or mp3, 48000Hz) is double as fast as it should be!
        Using audiocopy is not this fast , but getting asynchron , too!!!

btw: 90xx was working flawless with this... !!!!
        Last edited by Jeppa; 11-27-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X