DVD Ripper and Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD Ripper and Windows 8.1

I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 from version 8.0. DVDFab ripper worked perfectly in Windows 8.0, but not in Windows 8.1. When the DVD has been read, the "start" button shows. However, when this is pressed the screen changes, but the time remains at 0.0 and no ripping takes place. The program has not crashed. The program does however, crash when I attempt to end the non-functioning rip.

I have tried ripping from the DVD, and from a copy of the DVD after copying this (using DVDFab V. 9.1.0.6) to the computer's hard drive. In both cases, nothing further happens when "start" is pressed. I read in another forum topic that perhaps MKV might be the problem. I tried it with MP4 - it stopped in exactly the same manner.

The problem seems to be directly related to Windows 8.1.

Try reinstalling DVDfab

Originally posted by danhar View Post

The problem seems to be directly related to Windows 8.1.
    Have you tried reinstalling DVDFab, I've been using it without any issues for several weeks on Windows 8.1

Comment

Windows 8.1 and DVDFab Ripper (or converter)

Thank you for the idea of reinstalling DVDFab. Unfortunately, this does not seem to solve the problem for me. I am glad it works under Windows 8.1 for you - that gives me some hope of resolving the problem!

Comment

I read else where (you can do a forum search) that 8.1 has new drivers someone posted the links for them also.

Comment

Windows 8.1 and DVDFab

Thank you glenns! I replaced the Intel Graphics Driver and the WIFI Driver. I do not know which of these solved the problem but one of them did! DVDFab Ripper now works perfectly again under Windows 8.1.

Thank you again, and yet again!

Comment

Your very welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X