File size doubling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper File size doubling

Noticed after ripping a few movies that the ripped movie file is twice the size of the original file. I'm using dvd copy to get the main movie file on the hard drive using DVD 9 setting. In dvd ripping using the atv3 profile and setting both the drop down menus to high. Yes it is doing a second pass. I am looking for quality. I just didn't expect to see the ripping process to double the file size. Is this normal? Does this mean when I do a blue ray the finished file size is going to be 100 gig? Or is it up scaling the older dvd's to 1080 for better quality?

Using dvdfab for Mac version 9.1.1.7. May there be something wrong with the Apple TV 3 output. Because I just noticed also that the subtitles are part of the movie. The only selection is direct render to video. No matter what I try I either have no subtitles or they are always on the screen. Also the resolution is 1424x1080. Is this correct?

Comment

Im having the same problem

Since the last update i cant rip DVD's to Avi 720p.

The size has greatly increased and they wont play on my Panasonic DMR-XW450.

I've tried numerous setting changes and tried converting them....nothing works

Comment

Working...
      X