File size ripping to MP4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper File size ripping to MP4

I am trying to rip movies to my iPad. Before I upgraded to the newest version, a typical hour and a half movie would rip over at less that 1GB. Now, with the 9.1.1.5, the movies are ripping at approximately 5GB. How do I get these ripped smaller so that I can put more movies on my iPad (new iPad model)? Thanks for any help!

Same thing

I did a harry potter movie. DvDfab 9.1.19 said the size would be lest than 1 gigs and it ended up being over 9 gigs for just normal quality using the standard ipad 4 settings.

Comment

Are these DVD or Blu-Ray we are talking about?
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Have the DVD original resolution (720xXXX) before, but now force to output resolution 1080p when ripper DVD to iPad4 & The New iPad in DVDFab.

Wilson
        Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-23-2013, 01:35 AM.
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Its a DVD (harry potter and the chamber of secret's ext ver.). I had great results with the extended ver of The Hobbit using the ipad 4 settings. that movies was only on BR. So I tried a few other movies and got the large files also. I cant remember which movies. I normally put everything into AVI since I have Western Digital players and the file size is great (small)

Comment

mp4 files too large

Originally posted by jrgibson55 View Post
            Its a DVD (harry potter and the chamber of secret's ext ver.). I had great results with the extended ver of The Hobbit using the ipad 4 settings. that movie was only on BR. So I tried a few other movies and got the large files also. I cant remember which movies they were. I normally put everything into AVI since I have Western Digital players and the file size is great (small)
            Help
            Attached Files

Comment

I hadn't noticed since I use mkv in my iPad, but update to 9.1.1.9 and use the mp4 profile h264 and set the audio to aac. the frame resolution to 720Xxxx and they'll play fine at a much smaller file size. The iPad profiles are bumping the frame resolution up to 1920Xxxxx and a way big file size.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I will try it.

Comment

Sure thing and let us know how you make out. I tried it and the file size was 680MB and played fine on my iPad 3.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X